Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Smileboxed THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM -- Will it ever make it to Bluray?

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
611 replies to this topic

#601 of 612 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,838 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 18 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's what happens when they fade too much or are printed beyond use or otherwise damaged or mistreated...

Is that the true terminology?
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#602 of 612 OFFLINE   DP 70

DP 70

Second Unit

• 444 posts

Posted February 18 2013 - 08:27 PM

This is screening again this year in Bradford at the Widescreen Weekend.

#603 of 612 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted February 19 2013 - 07:28 AM

Is that the true terminology?

Probably not. Was his meaning unclear?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#604 of 612 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,838 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 19 2013 - 08:42 AM

Probably not. Was his meaning unclear?

Not really. I have heard of negatives disinigrating or worn but never past use date. It struck my funny as if negatives go out of date as milk does.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#605 of 612 OFFLINE   nara

nara

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 04:46 AM

This is screening again this year in Bradford at the Widescreen Weekend.

Sunday 28th April at 1.30 PM. http://www.nationalm...thersGrimm.aspx

#606 of 612 OFFLINE   cinerama10

cinerama10

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:32 PM

Why are you using a copyrighted photo of a record cover on this site?????? (around thhe world in 80 days)

#607 of 612 OFFLINE   cinerama10

cinerama10

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:39 PM

Bradford are projecting several digital films during the festivaL: So much for widescreen .Does this mean that the end is near for film projection at Bradford? I saw Bros Grimm many times in 3 strip cinerama and have it also on dvd. A great movie with unforgetabble music.It was a pity that the two leading actors were bland in their performances.Note that a car can be seen in the distance in one scene

#608 of 612 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 14 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't think there's any problem with anyone using any pic they want for an icon - what commercial benefit would we derive?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#609 of 612 OFFLINE   AdrianTurner

AdrianTurner

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 05:24 PM

A very disappointing programme this year in Bradford - who wants to see The Longest Day and Guns of Navarone projected digitally for God's sake! The only good thing about it is that I don't need to drive up there and endure that awful city and the awful food and the awful hotels for 3 days! Scanning the programme yesterday, it does indeed look as if film projection is coming to an end and after last year's South Seas Adventure experience I have no interest in seeing Seven Wonders of the World projected digitally.

#610 of 612 OFFLINE   nara

nara

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 09:17 PM

A very disappointing programme this year in Bradford - who wants to see The Longest Day and Guns of Navarone projected digitally for God's sake! The only good thing about it is that I don't need to drive up there and endure that awful city and the awful food and the awful hotels for 3 days! Scanning the programme yesterday, it does indeed look as if film projection is coming to an end and after last year's South Seas Adventure experience I have no interest in seeing Seven Wonders of the World projected digitally.

Try scanning the program more carefully. "The Longest Day" is a 70mm print. :rolleyes: ...and what has Bradford ever done to offend your 'Southern Softy' sensibilities?

#611 of 612 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,838 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:03 AM

Why are you using a copyrighted photo of a record cover on this site?????? (around thhe world in 80 days)

Well I have used it about six months now in anticipation of a Blu-ray release of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS. I used a version of the LP cover because it fits the size of the icon and just states the name of the film. I used something similar for Indiana Jones until those tiles were announced. After World is scheduled, and I do expect it to this year, I will more than likely use something, from RAINTREE COUNTY or THE GREAT RACE, maybe from THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL. Not sure why you a interested in it as copyrighted since in your next post you mention having a DVD of WWOBG and since there has never been a legitament DVD release then your copy is bootlegged.

#612 of 612 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,257 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by ahollis 

Not sure why you a interested in it as copyrighted since in your next post you mention having a DVD of WWOBG and since there has never been a legitament DVD release then your copy is bootlegged.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users