Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Room 222...Could It Be?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 of 155 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,128 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 07:39 AM

This was posted on TVshowsondvd.com:

Room 222 DVD news: Release Date for Room 222 - Season 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Oooh! I hope that this becomes a reality. It would make my year if this show finally came to DVD.

#2 of 155 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 09:37 AM

Wow. I'd actually be able to recreate the Friday Night lineup I recall as a child if we get ROOM 222! I don't recall the show all that well, but I'd be interested in getting it.

#3 of 155 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,372 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 09:39 AM

It would make my year as well as far as t.v. series are concerned. I loved this show as a child. Pete, Jason, Bernie, Helen, Miss Johnson, wow....

#4 of 155 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 01:01 PM

I vagularly remember this show. I would buy it if it came out.

#5 of 155 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image Yes! Posted Image Yes! Posted Image YES! Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#6 of 155 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,901 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 02:17 PM

The big question here is, what studio will release it? Is Fox finally going into its vaults for 60s shows (besides the Irwin Allen productions), or has the show been leased to an indie like MPI or Shout! Factory? Either way, it holds hope that other vintage Fox shows will come out in '09 (well, you all know WHICH show I want out first!).
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#7 of 155 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,128 posts

Posted November 25 2008 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis
The big question here is, what studio will release it? Is Fox finally going into its vaults for 60s shows (besides the Irwin Allen productions), or has the show been leased to an indie like MPI or Shout! Factory? Either way, it holds hope that other vintage Fox shows will come out in '09 (well, you all know WHICH show I want out first!).

After the way Fox has treated Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart I'm really hoping that Fox isn't releasing Room 222. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting for seasons 2-5.

#8 of 155 OFFLINE   Montytc

Montytc

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted November 25 2008 - 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Himes
After the way Fox has treated Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart I'm really hoping that Fox isn't releasing Room 222. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting for seasons 2-5.
I agree. I hope they choose to license it out to someone like Shout Factory who has a little more respect for vintage shows.

#9 of 155 OFFLINE   Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 25 2008 - 03:01 PM

If this classic does, indeed, come to pass...HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!!!!" Posted Image

Yes, this is one I have been waiting on for YEARS to come to pass on DVD!!!!!!! I could watch this one in likely one full swoop!!!!!

If it is Fox putting this one out, great!!!! If not...maybe it is not such a bad idea for someone, i.e. MPI, Shout!, as aforementioned. After all, if it is Shout!, we may well have a chance to have all five seasons come to pass on DVD.

This is, undoubtlessly, great news coming from TVShowsOnDVD.com. Posted Image

This is something else to look forward to in 2009!!! Posted Image
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#10 of 155 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 03:13 AM

Amazon now has Room 222: Season One for a pre-order price of... $10.99!

At that price, I'm willing to make a blind buy.

BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#11 of 155 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,372 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 03:22 AM

I'm heading on over to Amazon.com now to see what the collection looks like. I really hope we don't get flippers....

Well, it looks quite good from what I can see. Four discs, and single-sided ones at that. And from what I've seen of Shout! and their work with Adam-12, this has got to be good. If this series were released right now in its entirety, I'd snatch it up pronto. Posted Image

It will be fun to watch The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, and Room 222 in succession, just like the good ol' days. But, I might throw in an episode or two of The Mod Squad just for good measure. Posted Image

#12 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 10:29 AM

Is the $10.99 price correct? If they make it higher will they honor it? I'd blind buy this set at this price as well.

#13 of 155 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,372 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV_Fan
Is the $10.99 price correct? If they make it higher will they honor it? I'd blind buy this set at this price as well.
It looks to be correct now, but I doubt very much it will stay at this price come March.

#14 of 155 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 05:05 AM

I did order the set, and it came with a Pre-order Price Guarantee:

"Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

I barely remember this show, so I hope it lives up to expectations. But at $10.99, I'll take a chance.

BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#15 of 155 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 08 2009 - 05:58 AM

Tim,

Thanks for the info! This one's a rare pre-order for me. I remember the show. You won't be disappointed with this one. Sounds like another great Shout! set.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#16 of 155 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,372 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 06:21 AM

I watched two episodes of The Mod Squad last night, and was wishing that I had had the first season of Room 222 in my library to watch as a follow-up. Both shows are such great period pieces. I haven't pre-ordered it, but I will order it the minute it actually becomes available to purchase. Posted Image

I am looking forward to seeing David Jollife, Judy Strangis, and Heshimu Cumbuka again. The four major characters are also excellent, but I think the interaction between Pete Dixon and his students, and the social issues that were tackled in the show, were the main draw for me. Heck, perhaps it was both. Posted Image

I hadn't realized until I researched it how many big names were on the show:

"The show featured many actors who went on to become major stars, such as Bruno Kirby, Bernie Kopell, Cindy Williams, Teri Garr, Jamie Farr, Rob Reiner, Anthony Geary, Richard Dreyfuss, Chuck Norris, Kurt Russell, and Mark Hamill."

Room 222 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#17 of 155 OFFLINE   brian_hassel

brian_hassel

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 10:23 PM

At $10.99 I took a chance on a blind buy. I love classic entertainment. Such a nice change a pace. Always interesting to see what people were watching while I was just a baby.

#18 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker
I did order the set, and it came with a Pre-order Price Guarantee:

"Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

I barely remember this show, so I hope it lives up to expectations. But at $10.99, I'll take a chance.

But does the price guarantee cover if the cost INCREASES by the release date? Posted Image

#19 of 155 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV_Fan
But does the price guarantee cover if the cost INCREASES by the release date? Posted Image
no
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#20 of 155 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 06:00 AM

that is the problem. I hope amazon honors the 65% off price and doesn't increase it at the last minute.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow