Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone name a tune from a video for me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 18 2008 - 06:22 AM

I'm looking for the name of the song used in THIS VIDEO. Sorry, it's 24Mb.... and .mp4... but it's a fun watch.

For those curious, it's the highlights from the 2006 Madison Area Jugglers's "MADFEST Juggling Extravaganza".

THANKS!!

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted January 18 2008 - 07:48 AM

Can't name the tune, but here's another great juggling video. Hope you don't need the music identified Posted Image

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,805 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted January 18 2008 - 08:50 AM

I don't know the tune but it's pretty catchy. Thanks for the link. Very entertaining. Posted Image

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 18 2008 - 09:16 AM

Amazing! I've never been real solid juggling balls... there's not a lot of room for error like with clubs.. then to set it to music makes it even more difficult. Thanks for the link!

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,805 posts

Posted January 18 2008 - 02:15 PM

Dave, I have been in contact with the Madfest juggling event coordinator and she is going to speak with the video editor and find out the song and artist for me.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 19 2008 - 05:19 PM

Wow.. thanks Clinton. In fact, I just got home from this years extravaganza as I'm typing this. I just saw her juggling on stage... weird. Posted Image

I posted the question on their forum too.. but I'm sure they've been busy with the fest and haven't had time to respond.

I'm trying to place the language in the song... at first I thought Japanese... but now I'm not so sure.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted January 20 2008 - 12:54 AM

Haven't a clue what the pop music is (though I grant you, it's catchy). On the offchance that anyone wants to know about the classical piece at the end, it's from Carmen, by Bizet. Love the video, especially the guy juggling dough.
I think it's Italian, but languages ain't my strong point, as my school teachers would testify.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,805 posts

Posted January 20 2008 - 03:28 AM

The song sounds like it's in Spanish, but I don't know what dialect. It was funny when I e-mailed Katherine, she thought I was you. (Unless you're not Skipjack.) With the event just finishing, I'm sure it will take a few days before I (or you) get an answer.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 21 2008 - 01:29 AM

That's what I thought at first, especially with the opening.. and the rolling of some of the "r's". But then I listened again.. now I'm not so sure.

Soon, all will be revealed. Posted Image

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,805 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 09:15 PM

Dave, great news! Katherine finally got ahold of the video producer. The song used in the 2006 Madfest highlight video is Nakama no Uta (Member's Song) by Mass Missile. Their video can be seen on You Tube. YouTube - The Mass Missile - Nakama no Uta (Member's Song) . Your first guess was correct Dave. Japanese! Enjoy!

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,805 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 09:18 PM

Looks like the link is broken. I'll fix it as soon as I get back to my computer. I'm mobile on my blackjack right now. ** Link now fixed.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted April 08 2008 - 05:10 AM

Wow! Thanks Clinton.. I'd kind of given up on hearing back from her.