Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CSI: Miami Season 6 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted September 24 2007 - 06:46 AM

A season 5 thread was started to alert the 4 fans of CSI: Miami so I thought as "1 of 4" I would start one for season 6.

Starts tonight at 10:00PM ET on CBS.

#2 of 28 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 11:51 AM

I'm a huge fan. Not because it's a show I "love to hate" or something like that, but because I genuinely like it.

Here's why Horatio Caine ROCKS:

Posted Image

#3 of 28 OFFLINE   todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted April 02 2008 - 07:23 AM

So other than me anyone watching this anymore....?
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#4 of 28 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 07:32 AM

I ALWAYS watch Miami.

Always.

"Mala Noche justice....meet Miami justice" (BANG)

Turns to look up at the sky...no Sunglasses Of Justice this time....

YEAAAHHHHH!!!! (cue The Who)

No one bothers to talk about it here, but whatever.

Posted Image

#5 of 28 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,780 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 08:19 AM

Unbelievable as always, but I have to admit I loved the touch of using Morricone's score from Once Upon A Time In The West during the opening sequence.

- Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#6 of 28 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted April 02 2008 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Barattini

I do.

#7 of 28 OFFLINE   Rikimaru

Rikimaru

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 10:22 AM

Quote:

I love CSI: Miami! I'm so glad the writer's strike is over. I don't know what I would do if I didn't get my Boa Vista and Duquesne fix every week!

#8 of 28 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 11:34 AM

It gets a bit hockey compared to the other CSI's. But, I still enjoy it. You gotta love Horatio "Channelling Shatner" Caine provado. Posted Image

And regarding Eva Larue...
Yeaahhhhh!
Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 28 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Martin
I'm a huge fan. Not because it's a show I "love to hate" or something like that, but because I genuinely like it.

Posted Image

Classic Posted Image -- He drives my friend BONKERS with how slow he talks. I think it's funny.

I could never get into any of the CSIs, but somehow got suckered into an earlier ep of "Miami" the other day. The father of this blond female detective came to her at work one morning fearing he had run over someone while driving drunk before sun up. In the same ep, some other agent (male) who would become a regular got hired by Horatio. Sorry i don't have much more to go on. I got pretty frustrated when my DVR left me hanging in the middle of the ep.

--
H

#10 of 28 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted April 02 2008 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holadem
I could never get into any of the CSIs, but somehow got suckered into an earlier ep of "Miami" the other day. The father of this blond female detective came to her at work one morning fearing he had run over someone while driving drunk before sun up. In the same ep, some other agent (male) who would become a regular got hired by Horatio. Sorry i don't have much more to go on. I got pretty frustrated when my DVR left me hanging in the middle of the ep.

--
H

That was early season 3, called "Under The Influence".
That was the first episode to introduce that new CSI, a cop named Ryan Wolfe.

If you ever check out the DVDs, you'll notice that David Caruso is quite different in seasons 1 and part of 2, compared to now.

I maintain that the change in his character has nothing to do with the actor himself, but the writers and their quest to make Horatio Caine a larger-than-life type hero, whereas he was a grounded, legitimate detective when the show started. In other words, Horatio Caine began as a character, who is now a caracture.

None of the craziness seen recently was present in those early years, and the stories were also more realistic and anything but flashy.

Season 1 featured stories involving a family mass murder, where a toddler was the only survivor, and a pedophile who attempted to rape a child in a Chuck-E-Cheese type funhouse. It was later discovered that he was a serial child murderer.

Stories with that kind of intense, believable drama are completely gone from season 3 onward, when they decided to go purely for the 'cool' factor instead considering the show is number 1 worldwide.

You could say, CSI: Miami simply sold out to the lowest common denominator.

That's coming from the huge fan that I am. I sincerely miss those old days. At least they're on DVD.

#11 of 28 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 02:55 AM

Whats with those Star Trek:TNG computers they use. Even if they are real. No way a city police department could afford it.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 28 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 07:36 AM

Quote:
If you ever check out the DVDs, you'll notice that David Caruso is quite different in seasons 1 and part of 2, compared to now.

He did some actual lab work during those seasons. Now, he is pretty much like a robotic Jim Brass.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#13 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 08:11 AM

The CSI departures continue:
Khandi Alexander will be leaving after this season. I know some didn't like Alex, but I thought she brought some humanity to the show and was one of the reasons I started watching the Miami spinoff

#14 of 28 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 02:58 PM

Tonight's episode is a throwback to season 1 of the show, in that there's nothing 'flashy' about it. A harder-edged kind of story the writers pretty much abandoned after season 2. A welcome change.

It had substance to it compared to the average episode nowadays, and the ending was pretty damned nice. Horatio was on at the end, and it wasn't the silliness of that Mala Noche shootout at all. Best episode I've seen in a long time. Posted Image

#15 of 28 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted April 22 2008 - 04:27 AM

I knew Horatio was going to over the line when he asked the girl to wait outside. "Your resisting arrest." Posted Image

#16 of 28 OFFLINE   todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted April 27 2008 - 04:35 PM

Yeah I always like when they use the "Minority Report computer" when they grab the pictures just like Tom did in the Minority Report, did they buy the set prop?
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#17 of 28 OFFLINE   DanielM

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted May 09 2008 - 11:37 AM

Quote:

Posted Image

YES..........that.........is...........TRUE

#18 of 28 OFFLINE   todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted May 19 2008 - 03:53 PM

Woah, so Horatio is down and the lil punk CSI is dirty yet once again, go figure! More gambling debt ya think?
Hello...anyone but me watch this show ?

PS-not complaining just saying, can the females in the cast blouses get cut any lower, come on... really?
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

#19 of 28 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 04:26 PM

That betrayal was so out of the blue it seems made up at the last minute!

Boa Vista's blouse...yeah it was pretty obvious where the camera operator's mind was there Posted Image

I never thought I would see this happen. The gunshot to end all gunshots.

Horatio Caine. The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Sunglasses Of Justice have been shattered...I'm shocked!

#20 of 28 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,600 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
Woah, so Horatio is down and the lil punk CSI is dirty yet once again, go figure! More gambling debt ya think?
Hello...anyone but me watch this show ?

PS-not complaining just saying, can the females Casi's blouse cut get any lower, come on... really?

Your not the only one, but the thread does seem to be kind of slow around the HTF. I think they are misleading us in some way. Surely Wolf is not that dirty.

What about MIss Boa Vista's?

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow