What's new

Dancing with the Stars Season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Stars have been announced!

I'm betting Shannon Elizabeth and Steve Guttenberg will be the first ones to go.

Adam Carolla (voice of Spanky Ham in Drawn Together, former host of The Man Show, Loveline)

Cristian De La Fuente (Chilean actor who has been featured in Ugly Betty, CSI: Miami)

Shannon Elizabeth (actress, American Pie, Scary Movie)

Steve Guttenberg (actor, Three Men and a Baby, Police Academy)

Mario (R&B singer, "Just a Friend," "Let Me Love You")

Marlee Matlin (actress, Children of a Lesser God, The L-Word, The West Wing)

Penn Jillette (magician, the talkative half of Penn & Teller)

Priscilla Presley (wife of late Elvis Presley, actress, The Naked Gun)

Monica Seles (former pro tennis player)

Jason Taylor (current defensive lineman for the NFL's Miami Dolphins)

Marissa Jaret Winokur (actress, Broadway's Hairspray)

Kristi Yamaguchi (Olympic gold medalist, figure skating)

(admin note - added bolding and line breaks)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They still let Adam Carolla in front of a TV camera? Have they learned NOTHING??? :D

Is Marlee Matlin completely deaf, or just partially? Even if she can feel the beat of the band, that's gotta be a disadvantage.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
If what I read about the pairings is indeed valid, then there will be no three-peat w/ Julianne this season, as she is paired w/ Adam.

Bummer that Maxsim is skipping this season...and no, it's not because I have the hots for him or anything like that--LOL!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight the male "stars" dance in the 90-minute season opener at 8 p.m. EDT, and then the lady "stars" dance on Tuesday night, same time slot, and taking on American Idol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Penn - Kym might as well be dancing with a horse, couldn't believe the clod-hoppers Penn was sporting. Defintely not light on his feet, that Penn. But if they can incorporate some magic in each dance, maybe he'll get some pity votes for a few weeks.

Jason - Edyta got a bit lucky this season, has a lot of talent to work with, but he needs to work on the performance aspect since he's got good fundamentals already. Is it me, or does Jason looks like Xerxes from "300"?

Cristian - Cheryl didn't strike lightning thrice, as her partner isn't all that light on his feet, and is still thinking about dancing instead of just dancing (which showed in his bad upper posture, but hopefully Cheryl can straighten him out).

Adam - Julianne won't threepeat either this season, but I was actually surprise that Adam wasn't Kenny Mayne horrendous, but far too stiff to give a good performance. I wish he'd stick around just to give the judges some lip after each set of critiques.

Mario - Karina's plenty to work with this season with Mario, and he'll be in the hunt for quite a while, especially amongst the men. If this was Survivor, all the guys would want to vote Mario off the island.

Steve - Anna won't win with Steve, but he does add some class and heart to the show. The actors tend to always have a better time of selling the performance when they're dancing, even if their technique isn't as solid.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I look forward to the women tonight as the men weren't all that great. It will be interesting to see how the improve throughout the season. I believe that Adam or Penn will be out the door next week.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Penn - Humor will only get you so far -- it didn't work for Kenny Main. Could be toast.

Jason - He has the potential to do very well. He needs to loosen up. Edytah can come up with some inspired choreography but usually she's lacking, although she's a sex bomb.

Cristian - Very stiff but great chemistry with Cheryl. She'll mold him into a great dancer.

Adam - He did okay (better than I thought he would). Julianne is so gorgeous. She'll keep him in it at first.

Mario - He's the 'Cheetah Girl' this season. He can move and he can perform. Early contender.

Steve - Two left feet but he adds heart and soul. Personally, I was annoyed with his bright-eyed, bushy-tailed demeanor.

If I had to guess, I'd say Penn will go first.

Bring on the ladies!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Shannon - Derek has a decent shot to be around for a few weeks as Shannon did okay, but didn't quite have the snap and polish as true, solid dancers have for the cha-cha. But she's in really good shape, and just needs more training, all the raw material is present to turn her into a solid dancer if she wants to be.

Monica - Jonathan might have plenty of time on his hands because his partner is facing an uphill battle to learn how to dance effortlessly, and that doesn't come easily for Monica. But I suspect she'll be better in a cha-cha because the foxtrot was too controlled for her first big dance in the competition.

Marissa - Tony has his hands full with Marissa as she is really fun to watch, even if the energy overwhelms the dance content, I really enjoyed their performance.

Priscilla - Louis was bold with the death spiral, but Priscilla had really good fluidity and musicality in how she moved during her dance (almost the antithesis of Monica). Color me surprised, but she was graceful and looked like she belonged on the dance floor. I don't know if she'll do well in the latin dances, though.

Kristi - Mark is going be around a long time this season. From the get-go, I was getting chills from the lilt and grace on display, it was a pleasure to watch this pair dance. Color me wowed.

Marlee - Fabian has to be a really patient teacher, but his efforts paid off. If you didn't know Marlee was deaf, you'd never know it by her dancing. Amazing stuff, and a big reason to keep watching the show.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Not me...but you know, that sorta worries me as far as her having a chance to win it all. Look at last season--IMHO Mel B. had the best shot at winning, if based on dancing "familiarity" (i.e., having been an on-stage performer and being perhaps the best technical contestant of the entire group)...and we all know how much that helped. Ditto Stacy Keibler and Sabrina Bryan...

It's probably too early to tell, but I'll offer my predictions--Jason to win it all, Mario as the dark horse...although I might be going out on a limb by saying that Jason is the front-runner, given that I think his height will eventually work against him--keep in mind that all previous DWTS winners were relatively short in height (all clearly under 6 feet). I'm rooting for Jason also because I'd like to see Edyta finally win one, seeing how she's the only one who's performed in every season yet IIRC has never made it all the way to the finals.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The guys:

Steve - True, most of Steve's dancing was done with his face, but at least he's giving it all he's gut. I don't see him hanging around unless America really loves him dancing from the neck up.

Cristian - Not too bad, but his face was either really alive, or really concentrating on the dance steps to come.

Penn - That was actually kinda fun to watch, even though Penn's feet are just amazinly cumbersome.

Jason - Xerxes was very good tonight, though he lacked a little flexibility when he had to arch backwards, but he was on his game throughout the dance, plus the finish was really cool.

Adam - I didn't know it was possible to do the mambo without much hip action, but Adam proved me wrong.

Mario - That was a peppy performance with a lot of energy and grace. He should be there in the final 3.

Either Penn, Adam or Steve go home, it's a 3-headed coin-flip. If I had to pick one, it's Adam that's going home.

--------

The gals:

Monica - She was a half-beat off for most of the dance, and it looked pretty awkward through most of routine.

Priscilla - She performed a "polite" mambo, and I didn't find a lot of "snap" in her moves, but given her age, she's game for anything.

Shannon - She was very light on her feet and had good speed. Her musicality was really good and the tempo was tight.

Marissa - She was off the beat, plus her height works against her when she's off the beat, so it looks a little off, but she still has great energy and the fun factor working for her.

Marlee - She continues to impress me, it's just amazing to watch considering the circumstances.

Kristy - The only way she doesn't win is if she breaks her leg. Awesome.

Monica is the easy choice to send her home and out of her misery, but Marissa might not have the fanbase to keep her in, but I suspect it'll be Monica.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Kristi's background skills are much closer to ballroom dancing than the sort of stuff that those other women had done.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Perhaps, but I was referring more to the fact that they have skills/talent that may give them a slight advantage over the other contestants, as far as being able to give a winning performance on the ballroom floor.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
My friends give me hell for admitting to watching this show and I always respond the same way: you are missing out on some of the hottest woman on the planet with that attitude. The professional females are incredible. The bodies, the oufits. All I can say is sign me up for some lessons. I wish I was a B-list celebrity so I could get on that show.

My thoughts thus far:

Steve - He's too nice.

Cristian - Has potential.

Penn - He made me laugh.

Jason - Has great chemistry with his partner.

Adam - Has the hottest partner. That's about all I can say.

Mario - Is the best male imho.

Penn is gone. Adam or Steve are probably next.

Monica - Gone. 'Nuff said.

Priscilla - Has the best male partner and that will prove to be her biggest asset. She's not half bad either.

Shannon - So gorgeous and has an excellent partner. She'll do well.

Marissa - Having fun but will go in a couple more weeks.

Marlee - Dances better than some who can hear perfectly.

Kristy - My bet for winner. She's awesome.

If I had to pick the top four right now, it would be Mario and Jason for the guys against Kristy and Priscilla. That's not just on how they have performed but more of a gut feeling as far as their potential weighed with voting tendencies on past seasons.

Julianne Hough, Karina Smirnoff, Cheryl Burke, and Editya Sliwinska are the hottest women on TV right now.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

'Nuff said.

I am totally blown away by Marlee. I turn off the sound to my TV just to get a small hint as to what it must be like for her.

I see Kristy only getting better and winning the whole thing. As far as I am concerned she should be getting 10's already. Damn she is good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gutt was okay, but the degree of difficulty was pretty low, though it would have been really funny to see Gutt and Jonathan paired up had Anna been too sick to dance.

Mario was flashy but messy, Karina seems to get the partners who are almost too busy to be on this show at times.

Adam is coming along, though what he lacks in musicality, he makes up for in playing the part in a hammy but fun fashion.

Marlee is an inspiration, combining both the acting and the dance portion into another solid performance.

Shannon could be a dark horse to make it to the top 4 or 5 this season. It's funny how out of breath she is after her dance due to her lack of fitness, though she's got a great figure.

Cristian was a wild man on the dance floor, but way too much smiling and grinning during the dance for me. It looked like Cheryl was having a good time because of the speed of the dance was making it fun for her.

Marissa has bounce and effervescence, but lacks drive and direction. It's like she's performing the dance, but lacks any connection to the dance at hand, so it looks a little lackadaisical and out of focus. Tony seems to just be running out the clock with their dances.

Priscilla was given too high a scores, should have been in the 24-25 range, but she did the best job in selling the tango, although I didn't find the actual dancing as impressive as the judges did. I got a little bored by her dancing.

Xerxes can move, but his kicks lack pop because he's just so big and tall, I think the inertia of the movements make his kicks look soft, but precise. His dance was a little on the doughy side, a bit too smooth and gliding, and couldn't get get that nice snap in his kicks.

Kristi will most likely always be technically good, and the main reason she got 9's was because the judges over-scored Priscilla. She did have some trouble with connecting to the tango in terms of imparting the emotional distance between her and Mark, whose mouth was barking a lot during the dance, that was weird to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks