What's new

Currently available Paramount and Dreamworks Blu-ray titles (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
With the recent announcement that Paramount and Dreamworks will no longer be supporting Blu-ray (discussion here) and rumors that current releases will no longer be made available past their current stock levels, I was thinking some members may find it beneficial to review the list currently available releases. Therefore I have compiled a list of all currently available Paramount and Dreamworks releases to date. I'm sure I've made a few errors in this listing, so if you find any please let me know and I'll correct the original post. These titles should be listed in order of newest to oldest by release date.

I understand that some Blu-ray supports are calling for a boycott of these and other offerings from Paramount and Dreamworks. If that is your goal/intention then I respect your decision and wish you well. At the same time I hope that you will do the same by respecting the decisions of others to acquire these titles while they are still available.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I have Blades Of Glory on BD preordered. I'm not gonna cancel it. I'm gonna just sit back and see if it does ship as a swansong. I have both formats, so, in the end I really don't care how I get the film.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew

Can some one explain that to me? What does that prove? I know it's based on a principle, but it only would cement Paramounts decision. How could they prove that their titles weren't picked up base on a boycott versus a bad market on Blu-Ray?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I went and bought five titles on BD to show Paramount the $$$ they will be losing.

Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible 3
Sleepy Hollow
The Untouchables
U2: Rattle and Hum

I might pick up Dreamgirls and Nacho Libre sometime in the future, but they weren't a high priority. Fortunately those were the only Paramount titles I cared about. I'll sort of miss the Jack Ryan films this Fall, and a few here and their, but the other studios are already making me broke.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any Paramount / Dreamworks titles that ARE "must buys" on Blu-Ray...

because the Blu-Ray version is significantly superior in extras and/or PQ / AQ ?

Thanks.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Understood and hopefully we can avoid any war talk. My hope was that this thread would inform and assist those still looking for these titles.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

As was customary with Paramount releases they did indeed use different encodings for Blu-ray and HD DVD. For a good comparison of the AV quality of these titles I would recommend checking out the reviews on HighDefDigest.com. In the end I don't know of any that are considered unequivocally superior.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

How about we start punishing the people breaking the forum rules instead of everyone by punishing the threads...

Anyway, Chris, I appreciate what you're trying to do here. I think anyone that wishes to buy these should feel free to do so without being chastised. However, I already have all the Paramount Blu-ray Discs I want. I'm certainly not going to be buying titles to prove point, as it is clear to me that none of the studios have the consumer's interest in mind any longer. Editied to add: Not that they ever did, but whatever dillusion I was under is apparently gone. :)

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
Thanks Chris for the "heads up". I was just thinking about this and if there are any discs I need to buy ASAP.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

I'm keeping my Amazon preorder. If it gets released in limited quantity to satisfy preorders and is rare, I want a copy. I'll proably end up with an HD-DVD of it in the end, I suspect.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

Does anyone remember the Ed Wood debacle--release was aborted twice with a handful of copies actually getting out and ending up on eBay? I suspect the same will happen with BG on BD.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Nor will I. But I'm starting to wonder, as the format war drags on will we see these titles appreciate in the secondary market the same way that other OOP titles have done?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Ah. So we're speculating? :) Honestly, I think I'd rather just stick that money in my 401K and call it a day. ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I wouldn't read into that question more than is actually there. If this war has taught me anything it's that speculation on what the future holds is futile.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
can you put the list into alphabetical order in the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks