Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Universal TV Shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted February 28 2007 - 04:28 AM

With Universal announcing plans for season 2 of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries after 2 YEARS does this mean there's a light at the end of the tunnel for other older Universal shows like Adam-12 or Quincy?
Are there any other old shows on their schedule at the moment?

#2 of 5 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 28 2007 - 04:47 AM

Rockford Files comes to mind first for me. S1,2 out and S3 just shipped. I know for a lot of us here, that Uni is a "frustrating" studio to wait for releases, but if history has taught me anything about this hobby, "It ain't over till it's over" Posted Image Just when it seems to me that the classics are fading, new news posts at TSoD from Gord and Dave start popping up Posted Image So, hang in there, "Beaver" fans, etc. I also want more Adam-12 as well. My Dad loved that one and we never missed it back when I was .... a lot younger Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 5 70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted February 28 2007 - 05:07 AM

Haha, nice Hill Street Blues reference, if it was lol yeah... I have my list...

#4 of 5 beatlejam

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted February 28 2007 - 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sTVlover
With Universal announcing plans for season 2 of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries after 2 YEARS does this mean there's a light at the end of the tunnel for other older Universal shows like Adam-12 or Quincy?
Are there any other old shows on their schedule at the moment?

As I mentioned on a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew thread, it appears that Season Two of that show is just being released to tie-in with a new Nancy Drew movie starring Julia Roberts' niece.

So I doubt Universal is going to be releasing things like Adam-12 and Quincy anytime soon since they don't have a movie marketing campaign going on.

I hope I'm wrong, however. I want more Quincy and Night Gallery, as well as things like Ellery Queen, Boris Karloff's Thriller, and The Snoop Sisters.

Fingers crossed!Posted Image

#5 of 5 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted February 28 2007 - 07:12 AM

Maybe they've finally seen the light, and this is a new Universal strategy, speeding things up. Posted Image