Universal TV Shows

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by 70sTVlover, Feb 28, 2007.

1. 70sTVlover

70sTVlover Stunt Coordinator

With Universal announcing plans for season 2 of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries after 2 YEARS does this mean there's a light at the end of the tunnel for other older Universal shows like Adam-12 or Quincy?
    Are there any other old shows on their schedule at the moment?

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Rockford Files comes to mind first for me. S1,2 out and S3 just shipped. I know for a lot of us here, that Uni is a "frustrating" studio to wait for releases, but if history has taught me anything about this hobby, "It ain't over till it's over" [​IMG] Just when it seems to me that the classics are fading, new news posts at TSoD from Gord and Dave start popping up [​IMG] So, hang in there, "Beaver" fans, etc. I also want more Adam-12 as well. My Dad loved that one and we never missed it back when I was .... a lot younger [​IMG]

3. 70sTVlover

70sTVlover Stunt Coordinator

Haha, nice Hill Street Blues reference, if it was lol yeah... I have my list...

4. beatlejam

beatlejam Stunt Coordinator

As I mentioned on a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew thread, it appears that Season Two of that show is just being released to tie-in with a new Nancy Drew movie starring Julia Roberts' niece.

So I doubt Universal is going to be releasing things like Adam-12 and Quincy anytime soon since they don't have a movie marketing campaign going on.

I hope I'm wrong, however. I want more Quincy and Night Gallery, as well as things like Ellery Queen, Boris Karloff's Thriller, and The Snoop Sisters.

Fingers crossed![​IMG]

5. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Maybe they've finally seen the light, and this is a new Universal strategy, speeding things up. [​IMG]