Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 & 2.5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 of 91 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 03:07 AM

I haven't got 2.0 yet so with the announcement of 2.5 I was wondering if anybody knew if there going to be a bundle of the 2 sets (either repackaged into 1 set or the 2 boxes shrink-wrapped together)?

#2 of 91 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 03:47 AM

There has been no evidence that such a set will be released, and I for one would highly doubt that one ever will be.

#3 of 91 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,657 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 23 2006 - 04:42 AM

I imagine retailers like Best Buy will do some kind of deal on release day. Or so I'm hopin'.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#4 of 91 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 04:59 AM

Or you could get the 2.0 set from DDD during their current sale.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#5 of 91 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,657 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 23 2006 - 05:35 AM

20% off sale ended on the 17th.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#6 of 91 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image Ummm, their next 20% off sale, yeah, that's what I meant...
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#7 of 91 OFFLINE   Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 08:46 AM

yes....do ir now!

this is a series I totally did not watch on TV, and am blown away by the writing, the production values, the acting and character development, it's ability to develop a story arc....havent seen this quality of science fiction since Babylon 5!
Peter

My Collection

#8 of 91 OFFLINE   Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 10:01 AM

Can't wait to pick up 2.5 in September. Love the show, but I'm wondering what's going to happen after that cliffhanger.

I've heard quite a few folks saying they're holding out for a combined single box, but I haven't seen any indication that's going to happen. I'm sure they'll combine 2.0 and 2.5 into a single package, but release it as a full season box instead of two halves packaged together? Probably not.

#9 of 91 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 10:37 AM

I love the show too (after my initial hating phase because I loved the 70's series) anyways I 'll be picking up Season One in the next couple of weeks and probably Season 2.0 on the same day since chances are if I haven't heard anything about a bundle with 2.5 by then there probably won't be one, atleast right away.

Can't wait for Season 3 Posted Image

#10 of 91 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 10:55 AM

The only place i have heard of 2.0 and 2.5 being released as one set in R2 i believe. I read somewhere that a complete season 2 set was announced over there. But like many have allready mentioned in R1 if their is a complete set it probably will just be 2.0 and 2.5 wrapped together.

#11 of 91 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
havent seen this quality of science fiction since Babylon 5!

.....or DS9 for that matter. Posted Image

Looking forward to the new set. Posted Image
Recently watched- Robocop(2014), Lethal Weapon 4, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 2, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, Home Alone, An American Christmas Carol, It's A Spongebob Christmas!, Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Keep the change your filthy animal!"

#12 of 91 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 07:49 PM

There's already a long running BG topic going on. Stop creating new ones.

#13 of 91 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted June 24 2006 - 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_K
There has been no evidence that such a set will be released, and I for one would highly doubt that one ever will be.

I've asked Universal about a combined set 5 or 6 times, and each time they've told me they don't have any plans to do a complete season set. There have been a number of split season releases, and I can't think of any example of a set that combined them.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#14 of 91 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Lacey
I've asked Universal about a combined set 5 or 6 times, and each time they've told me they don't have any plans to do a complete season set. There have been a number of split season releases, and I can't think of any example of a set that combined them.

Gord

Now a few months later and the second set is due to come out tomorrow, is it still the case that there won't be a combined set?

Neil

#15 of 91 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,949 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 03:20 AM

I haven't heard anything official about a full second season DVD set -- and my own feeling is that there will not be one -- BUT in the new issue of Sci Fi magazine (the publication of the Sci Fi Channel), there is a review of Battlestar Season 2.5 and it says "for those of you who can't wait for the full season set..." (or words to that effect).

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Just because the magazine is affiliated with the channel that broadcasts the show doesn't mean it has any knowledge of what Universal Home Video is doing with the DVDs.

My best guess, as a longtime serious DVD collector, is that no full season set is coming.

Has anyone seen season 2.5? It's out tomorrow; just wondering if anyone got their hands on it early.

#16 of 91 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 18 2006 - 03:33 AM

Sam, I saw it at a store last week...it was still out over the weekend. I'm didn't pick it up there since a) the price was $39 and b) I want the recap bonus disc from BB.

#17 of 91 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 04:03 AM

Hey guys, you have a choice. While Best Buy is offering the special that Sdci Fi is broadcasting, it's not that special, Target has it listed at $37.99 and they are also offering a $5 gift certificate with the purchase of the DVD set for battlestar Galactica 2.5. I'm getting my copy for sure ...

#18 of 91 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 18 2006 - 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
Has anyone seen season 2.5? It's out tomorrow; just wondering if anyone got their hands on it early.

Mine's on order and has shipped last Friday, so I'm expecting it today. We spent the summer watching the origal miniseries, the first season and the 2.0 season, so we're ready. We don't have cable and therefore cannot see the SciFi telecasts. We'll be content to wait for the DVDs.

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#19 of 91 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,526 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_K

But this is Universal who is well known for their double and triple dippings. I'd be shocked if we didn't see another release. Although it might not happen until a possible HD-DVD release...?
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#20 of 91 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,949 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 07:50 AM

Here is the exact quote from the review of 2.5 in Sci Fi magazine (Oct. 2006, page 64):

Quote:
"For those who can't wait for the entire season to be released as a whole,..."

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow