What's new

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 & 2.5 (1 Viewer)

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I wouldn't take the SciFi magazine quote as anything other than the reviewers assumptions. The SciFi channel, universal, and that magazine while part of the same over arching corporation are pretty distant relations.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Ever since the 2.0 set was announced, I've seen speculation about whether or not there would ever be a unified season 2 set. I guess I can understand the trepidation of some about the price of these half-season sets. They are fairly pricey, but IMHO, this is one series that's worth almost whatever they want to charge. It's that good - and is one series that makes me wish I HAD cable.

(But then I think about the logo bugs, on-screen promos and ads, crappy cable signals, endless repeated promos and bad commercials, etc. and I think I'm content to pay the exorbitant prices for the DVDs!)

Harry

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Based on all that was discussed I decided to bite the bullet and order both sets today. I also had a $10 off $50 or more order coupon that was due to expire today, so that a little extra incentive. (The coupon was from buy.com and fixed to my email, so sorry I couldn't share it.)

Neil

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner
Season 2 is out as one box set in region 2. The only problem being that half of the commentaries are missing. Not a HUGE deal for me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's Hard but both BSG and Smallville I'm sitting out this round and willl wait for the HD-DVD Versions that's been announced , just not dated or priced. I'm gonna grab BSG just to tide me over and to see that extended version of Pegasus.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, at $29, with my employee discount and the $5 gift card, I'll be picking it whe I go into work at Target ... yeah, I'm definately picking this one up.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Don't want to nit-pick too much here but there have been shows that, while initially released as separate volumes, have been collected together in complete season sets. Star Trek being one of the biggest examples.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Yep, it's true about STAR TREK and TWILIGHT ZONE too, but they weren't released in half-season sets first. They were indeed just individual volumes of episodes that the buyer could pick and choose from - and both were highly desired titles that came out early in the DVD universe, when the manufacturers still weren't sure just who'd buy TV show episodes.

It took three tries to get TWILIGHT ZONE right (in season sets), and being the owner of the middle Image "Collection" sets, I'm still not biting on the season sets, no matter hwo good everyone says they are. I have all of the episodes, they're quite watchable and enjoyable, and I don't need 'em in order. There's no serialization to those shows so order is irrelevant to me.

Harry

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
So far the biggest improvement with this set is that the Universal logo doesn't play over the top of every episode anymore, just straight into "The Cylons were created by man"

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I caved at Best Buy today and bought the 2.5 set. Anyone Know what the BB Bonus ep is all about? I Know I'll be kicking my self when they announce the HD set probably tommorrow.

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson

Its the Story So Far episode,a brief 45 min recap of seasons 1 and 2

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
RogerH...my guess is that they will, since they are part of the Best Buy family.

Incidentally, the first BB I stopped at last night had a grand total of 4 (yes...4) copies of 2.5 left. I was beyond pissed. So I trekked to another one in my travels and found that store was close to being sold out also...but they had three or four copies with the bonus disc.

I do like how the spines of 2.0 and 2.5 form to complete the BSG logo. Corny and crazy, I know, but I like it.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Yeah, the UK Season 2 has been out for 2 weeks, and all in one pack-I barely have time to watch the episodes, let alone commentaries, so if they are not all there, no big.

And the price from Amazon.uk is still LESS than the combined S1&2 US sets when combined in price and shipping-even on sale.
Got mine for $55 delivered-very early on before they upped the prebook price, but its still a better deal.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I can't wait til next week. I'll be picking this up tomorrow and watching it this weekend, can't believe Season 3 starts soon :D

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, I just got my copy of 2.5 -- I had no idea this sucker has more than 10 hours of bonus materials. Wow. That's a lot for any show, but for a half season with only 10 episodes, that's enormous.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Not sure, but they probably do. Although, there seems to be a lot of visual extras as well, with the videoblogs and the deleted scenes (for every episode).

I watched Exec Producer David Eick's video blogs on the third disc last night and they're hilarious. You can feel free to watch them without worrying about spoilers. In particular, check out the one called "Sex, Lies and Videoblog." It's really very funny. Cheers to Katee Sackoff and Jamie Bamber for having fun with themselves. (I should mention, for those that care about such things, that if rated, the blogs would likely be rated R.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks