Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Inexpensive Balcony Furniture Recommendations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 06:23 PM

Well, I have FINALLY gotten back into my own apartment (after a long year of suffering the agony of living at home with the 'rents!!) and I'm now settled, I need to begin thinking about adding stuff to my balcony. So, does anyone have any recommendations for cheap, but decent quality furniture (e.g. a few chairs + table sets)?

#2 of 7 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted May 21 2006 - 07:03 AM

How cheap? I like the plastic (resin?) table and chairs. You get to pick your colors;they usually come in green, white, or cream, but they do blow over in a good wind.
I now have a glass top round table I got at Lowes and four wrought iron rockers that I have $300 in but am looking for a rectangle table. Home Depot has a decent set for $599 called the Florian that i'm looking at.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#3 of 7 Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted May 21 2006 - 02:43 PM

Cast aluminum can be an ideal choice for outdoor furniture. It can look almost as nice as wrought iron and has the added advantage of being light.
¡Time is not my master!

#4 of 7 Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted May 21 2006 - 07:23 PM

Preferably looking for something less than $100 w/decent quality. Is there such a thing?

#5 of 7 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted May 22 2006 - 01:29 AM

Well, your choices are limited to the resin-type table and chairs. They are very durable, easy to clean, and look nice but you will have to watch for them to blow over in strong wind. I think the chairs can be had for less than $10 a piece and the table maybe 30-40, keeping you some change under a Franklin.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#6 of 7 Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,997 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted May 23 2006 - 11:40 AM

Craigslist!

#7 of 7 thomsannager

thomsannager

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 06:56 AM

Find better quality modern outdoor sofas, patio sofa and outdoor sofa seating in contemporary style.

Outdoor living furniture