Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Fantasy Football advice

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 05:57 AM

Looks like playing Gado is a consensus.

I am reluctant to sit Westbrook instead of Brown because
1) Brown splits time with Ricky
2) Westbrook might get more carries with McNabb out

On the flip side, Westbrook is facing the Giants defense which is better than Brown facing the Cleveland defense.

I'm so confused.Posted Image

I think I will stick with the "play your top picks" rule and play Westbrook.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#182 of 193 OFFLINE   Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning

Second Unit

• 296 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 05:58 AM

QB Advice needed: Should I start Hasselback vs. SF, or Bulger vs. Arizona? I'm leaning towards Bulger

#183 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,933 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 18 2005 - 06:01 AM

I'd start Bulger. It seems like Shaun Alexander's getting all the TD's in Seattle.

#184 of 193 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 06:21 AM

Bulger. They are playing indoors which favors Bulger.

#185 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,933 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 18 2005 - 07:25 AM

For my final flex position, I have a choice between Houshman vs. Indy, Matt Jones @ Ten, Toomer vs. Philly, or Patrick Pass vs. New Orleans. Right now I have Houshman in the lineup, but Indy's defense is not a great matchup. Opinions? The rest of my lineup: QB: Plummer vs. NYJ RB: Alexander @ SF WR: Holt vs. Ariz Flex: Gado vs. Min, Greg Jones @ Ten

#186 of 193 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 08:48 AM

I would start Matt Jones vs Tenn. While Houshman is considered a bad play vs Indy, I don't have another choice in that league Posted Image

#187 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,933 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 18 2005 - 09:34 AM

Shane, I am tempted by Matt Jones. My only concern is that would give me two Jax players in my lineup (Greg Jones being the other). Decisions, decisions.

#188 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted November 22 2005 - 09:49 AM

Looks like Gado is back to the bench now that Fisher is able to play again. The fact that he fumbled three times in two games doesnt help.

Gawd I hate RBs. They are either getting hurt, splitting time with another RB or doing nothing for me.Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#189 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,933 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 23 2005 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, Gado cost me last week. I had a 10 point lead going into Monday night, had Gado and my opponent had Driver. I ended up losing by 13 points. Posted Image

I'm trying to claim Fisher off waivers tonight -- I released him last week when we had to reduce our rosters by one player (we can carry an extra player during the bye weeks).

#190 of 193 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted November 23 2005 - 04:25 AM

I'm back to Willie Parker, not that it really matters since I'm 3-8. I got torched last week, within a couple of points of doubling my score.

I was also reduced to picking up David Carr and am actually going to start him this week over Brunell. Posted Image

At this point, I would have to say my best player is Neil Rackers. Posted Image to keep from cryin'
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#191 of 193 OFFLINE   Philip_T

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

• 876 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 04:40 AM

Who to start at RB this week? Pick 2 C. Houston vs OAK M. Bennett vs STL (named the starter) M. Moore vs STL J. Arrington vs WAS A. Smith @ ATL J. Lewis @ DEN T. Fisher vs DET Right now I have C. Houston and Bennett starting, but Arrington and Smith be worth a shot. None of em are great starts though. Thoughts?

#192 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 05:41 AM

Thank you, Sam Gado, for saving my season. With both of my starting RB's out for the season, I thought I had no chance at making the playoffs in my league. I managed to squeak into the playoffs, with the help of other people losing.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This week was the first round of playoffs. Going into Sunday night's game, my opponent had all his players' played. Was down by 11 points and had only one person left: Sam Gado.

My new best friend got 171 yards and a TD.Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!

#193 of 193 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 05:07 PM

Following up on post #34 in this thread, here is how my season went.

Saved my bacon in two leagues. I just hope Roaf and Shields don't retire because Larry Johnson makes fantasy football fun. Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users