What's new

2005 Fantasy Football advice (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, without Willie I'd have gotten blown out. He outscored my 3 WR's, other RB, and TE put together.

Now I'm stuck in that age-old fantasy conundrum of rooting for the Falcons but needing McNabb to have a decent game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Despite my lousy QB play (I got 1 point from Pennington), I'm up by 24 points going into tonight's game. My opponent has two defensive players and I have nobody. It will be close.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I had that issue yesterday with Dallas(rooting) and LT(my rb).

I'm also up by 25 with my opponent starting David AKers and Brian Westbrook but I have TO going. I'm already sunk in my other league :frowning:

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I ended up not starting I. Bruce and it cost me. He scored while R. Williams and J. Walker did not. You da man Shane. Speaking of J. Walker, I need to start combing the waiver list for a replacement since it looks like he'll be out for the year. Which one of these available WR's would you guys lean towards?
A. Randle El (Upgraded with the departure of Plax)
P. Crayton (looks like Bledsoe gave him alot of looks)
B. Lloyd (could score a few TD's since they will be throwing all the time trying to come from behind)
J. Jurevicius
M. Williams (DET) (Not sure if I both DET Williams WR's though)

I was leaning towards Randle El or Lloyd.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'd go with Randle El. He seemed to get a ton of looks while Hines Ward was Mr. Invisible.

I have Lloyd on my bench. If I'd played him instead of Ward or Travis Taylor, I'd already have won instead of having to sweat out tonight's game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I would go with Randal El or Lloyd, too. I have Randal El at the end of my WR bench right now -- also have Holt, DBennett, Houshman, Kennison and Greg Lewis.

I picked up Heath Miller as a 2nd tight end last week after Eric Shelton (Carolina RB) was placed on IR. Stupid me -- he has the same bye week as my starting TE, Randy McMichael. So, I need to decide between Courtney Anderson (Oak), Alex Smith (TB) and Ben Troupe (Ten) for a waiver claim. I think I'll go after them in that order.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, I'll probably try for Randle El 1st, Lloyd 2nd.

Scott, I'd agree with your TE priority list as well.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Randle El. I wouldn't go with Crayton yet. The problem in Dallas will be that they signed Peerless Price as well so that is 4 receivers and they are saying that Crayton's progress won't be hampered by Price. I could see Price spelling Terry Glenn more often that not though because Glenn is a bit fragile.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Randle El also can get you some bonus points for return yards and the occasional WR pass play that the Steelers call for him -- if your league awards points for those things.

I agree with Shane regarding Crayton. Parcells still is a running coach, and there are too many WR options in Dallas. This looks like more of a one-game wonder for fantasy football. I certainly wouldn't want to put him in my starting lineup unless he shows something in several games.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Like many of you, some of my best performers were warming the bench this week. I expected to crush my opp whose roster I was laughing at after our draft. Now, I too am sweating out tonights game, kinda. I am down by two points going into the game. I have Westbrook and my opp has Akers. I'm praying that Westbrook doesn't decide to holdout before kickoff or something.:frowning: ;)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Since I have both Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson it looks like I may have to start both of them at RB if they're going to be splitting carries. Not a bad problem to have but I hate starting multiple players from the same team -- much less the same position.

In my other league I have Brett Favre and Steve McNair as my only QB options and I'm afraid that may be enough to sink my ship.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Michael, the Priest/Johnson quandry is what made me pass on Priest in the draft (I took Alexander, who did crap yesterday). I feel for you regarding QB's, too. My top two QB picks were Plummer and Pennington. I may be starting my 3rd QB, Brian Griese, next week.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I got exactly what I wanted - a Falcons win and McNabb did just good enough for me to pull out a 2pt win. My fantasy life flashed before my eyes when he was on the sidelines in the first half after getting drilled by Lavalais. He took some vicious hits in the 2nd half too.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Brian Dawkins beat me last night. I had a 24 point lead and my opponent had two defensive players. Dawkins got 20 points all by himself (good DB's usually average about 9 points in our league). :angry:

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I could use some help with a possible trade.
I'm in a 10 team league and I had the first pick.

First pick I selected LT. 2nd/3rd pick (back to back) I selected Moss and Owens.

I have an offer to get Priest Holmes for either Moss or Owens.
Should I pull the trigger and if so, which receiver should I let go?

Thanks

Hunter P

Screenwriter
What are your other RB's and WR's? Priest should get more touches now that his competition is sitting in jail.:eek: KC looked pretty solid this weekend.

If you have two decent RB's that aren't that much of a drop off from Priest then I think that having two stud big-play WR's on your roster is very intimidating. But then again...

...I know nothing. :lol:

Moss looks like he's going to get a ton of balls thrown at him this year (as usual.) It seemed like 2/3 passes in the Raiders game was to Moss. Looks like Collins is using the Culpepper chuck-and-pray method. I always thought that Culpepper was incredibly overrated as a QB. He makes a lot of bad throws that are inaccurate or into coverage. Lucky for him that Randy was such a stud that he would snatch those balls out of the air no matter where it was. This year he doesn't have that luxury so expect Culpepper to suck this year.

Collins was throwing into double and triple coverage just like he stupidly does every year. But now he's got Moss to make a play on the ball every time.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
My RB's are LaDainian Tomlinson, JJ Arington, DeShaun Foster, and Ronnie Brown.

My WR's are Randy Moss, Terrel Owens, Drew Bennett, Mushin Muhammad, and Eric Moulds.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Make the trade, now. Before they come to their senses. (Trade Owens. He's going up against better defenses in division than Moss.)

Note:All of this is IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks