What's new

Dayton Sub (1 Viewer)

Troy S

Agent
Anyone have one willing to share some info? Will it fill a 15x17 room with 9 foot ceilings with bass? Not expecting SVS power, but would like strong bass, especially with movies. Any help would be appreciated!

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I think so but it depends on many factors. For me- it has done agreat job in my 12x17x8 room, which is open on two sides to a kitchen and to a hallway. I'm in an apartment though and don't blast the thing. I have it placed by my sofa so no need for bass shakers as there is plenty of rumble, which makes many go
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
makes me go :D and makes my wife go :angry: At night I need to use night mode on the HK if watching movies. I love the Tiny Mighty, but that's me. like you said, however; it's no SVS Ultra but a hell of a little sub for the money.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Dayton in a 23x13x8 room with opening on two sides. It gets the job done. Instead of buying a new sub, I've just spent $120. on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer to EQ the Dayton. I'll post my impressions when I'm done dialing in the freq. response. I hope to be done by Monday but tweaking could take some serious time.

David

Dan KW

Agent
wow...that seems kinda funny to me...a 120 dollar eq on a 120 dollar sub. I'm not making fun of you, I'm actually quite interested in your results. I have a tiny mighty V1.

My room is 11x23 with an eight foot ceiling..it's nice but I want more:) I think I'm going to build something this summer. Great sub for the money though IMO.

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator
Lol, I've actually been thinking about picking up a BFD for mine as well. It does seem a little silly to spend as much on an EQ as the sub costs, but I figure the BFD will have a life after the Dayton.

Look forward to seeing your results.

Max F

Second Unit
I BFD'd mine and it is sooooo worth it.... for music. Hey if i just wanted to shake the walls for movies i would have left it by itself. For music it sounded sloooooww, at least for my room. I found out i had two pretty big peaks in the response. BFD solved them and the bass is tight:emoji_thumbsup:

I don't really need more bass, but i still want it cause i'm a guy and we just can't get enough. My next step is to skip the consumer products and go DIY - Tempest (or similar) in a ported box. I would love bass to 15 hz. The Dayton does a very respectible 25 hz flat.

Dayton + BFD = Cheap and sweet :emoji_thumbsup:

RayM

Agent
I ran the Dayton TMII for a few months in my main room and it was very impressive! My room is 20x12 and open to a couple areas but it performed just fine... much better than many mainstream subs costing twice as much or more.

I think I may have to try out the BFD!

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
" but I figure the BFD will have a life after the Dayton."

That's exactly my thinking. Plus, this will give me the experience of working with the BFD. I'm told it get easier the more you use it. I'm counting on that. ;)

"Dayton + BFD = Cheap and sweet"

Max,
You may have been the one who gave me the idea. :emoji_thumbsup:

David

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I havent' even been able to give mine a TRUE workout in my 15x21 living room...
Just watched AVP the other night and shook things up pretty good when the ship was taking off and landing.
I'm happy:D

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hi Raj

Breigner Feedback Destroyer=BFD

For Eq-ing subwoofer/s

Check this out **here** as it will explain alot for you and any one else interested in a BFD.

Many thanks to all who contributed to this cause it makes anyones life as a first time user of the BFD much much easier. Belive me! ;)

Regards
Geoff ¥
Edit:
Fixed bad link:b

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"So... what were your impressions?"

I'm not done yet but I have been able to fix my major peek and that alone made a world of difference. I have to free up enough time to work on two smaller peaks. Each time I make a change at one freq. it's going to affect the freq's that I've already EQ'ed so it's going to take more than a few minutes to get it where I want. I'll post once I'm done but it could be another week or two.

David

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Order my Dayton yesterday, will paly with it a bit when i get it, then most likely grab the BFD and an SPL to tweak her up.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
For those interested:

Ebay & Audiogon are a good places to slide into now and then to look for a cheap Pari Eq.
Most are Analog, Digital ones and the BFD can be found their also, but the Analog ones will still get the job done.

Some nice med to high end ones go threw now and then. Just another place to look for a deal on a Pari eq. They will make a differnce with any sub when properly set up.

The Analogs can take a bit longer to dial in as their not digital & the markings for Freq/Q/Cut & Boost are very close, but usually not "right on". BUT, they are ~{much less complicated to use}~ than say the DSP-1100P or DSP-1124P-->BFD or other digital models.

Attention:
A new model BFD is being released "replacing the current 1124P" and will cost double (200.00 aprox) of the current 1124's price.

NEW~BFD-->Thread running at AVS about this...

Look for at least 4 filters min and most are stereo. So you get 4 filters/bands aside. They can be piggy backed to mono for the sub, thus giving you 8 filters to work with. Usually (only 4 filters) of the 8 will be in the sub working area.

This is because "most are full range Stereo/R & L Pari's",,, 20Hz or lower, to 20kHz..

Regards
Geoff ¥

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks