-

Photo

Spider-Man 2 deals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 of 43 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted November 23 2004 - 12:48 PM

Best one I've found yet is once again Best Buy's deal. The pre-order is $14.99 on the special edition (WS or FS), $17.99 for the Superbit, and the Gift set is $34.99. You get a $5 digital coupon for the special edition or superbit and a $10 for the gift set... Also it states "You can also get a free bonus disc with your purchase of Spider-Man 2 (Not included with Superbit and Gift Set versions)." Looks to be another Best Buy exclusive titled "VH1 Goes Inside Spider-Man." It's said to contain "revealing interviews with the creators, writers, directors, producers and various celebrities, all sharing insider stories and personal memories." And unlike the Seinfeld deal you get both the coupon and bonus disc if you preorder. This offer expires 11/27. Again this looks tough to beat.

#2 of 43 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted November 27 2004 - 07:14 AM

No one else bit on this one huh?

#3 of 43 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,566 posts

Posted November 27 2004 - 09:30 AM

I think the info that Raimi is working on an extended cut of SP2 tempered my urge to buy until that version hits the shelves. I suspect others feel the same way.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#4 of 43 OFFLINE   Dave Miller

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

• 853 posts

Posted November 29 2004 - 06:58 AM

My local CompUSA ad was the cheapest advertised price I saw for $14.99 yesterday.

Peace,

DM
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

#5 of 43 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 29 2004 - 07:20 AM

Dave: Over in the Weekly RoundUp I'm reporting that Best Buy and Circuit City are also advertising in-store prices (and on-line prices) of $14.99.

It's also been reported that Fry's will be selling Spidey 2 for $13.99 Tuesday only.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 43 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,754 posts

Posted November 29 2004 - 07:47 AM

But is Fry's selling the Superbit version for $13.99 or the "normal" version?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 43 OFFLINE   Dave Miller

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

• 853 posts

Posted November 29 2004 - 09:19 AM

Cool Mike - I just went back and looked at the BB insert from Sunday's paper and it is real easy to get confused on what is what. Bad layout. I just misread it.

Peace,

DM
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

#8 of 43 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 29 2004 - 09:25 AM

Dave: I have never been so confused looking at packaging. IIRC, the FS & WS versions of the original Spider-Man came in different covers, then the SuperBit, etc. Now, there's everyone (Best Buy included) throwing them all into ads together. It is VERY hard to tell what's what. In fact, I was sure BB was selling the Spidey 2 SuperBit for $14.99 until I was corrected that it was the Spider-Man SuperBit that was selling for $14.99.

Anyway, good deals abound. I would just cuation everyone to triple check the covers of the product they take up to the register so they don't get stuck with something they don't want.

Patrick: No Fry's near me, but wouldn't you figure it was probably the 2-disc SE selling for the $13.99?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#9 of 43 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 29 2004 - 09:30 AM

FWIW Fry's Outpost.com is reporting $17.99 for both the Spidey 2 SE AND Superbit. $39.99 for the Spidey 2 gift set.

In one of those unusual twists...it is advertising the P&S version of the Spidey 2 SE as $19.99. Go figure.

#10 of 43 OFFLINE   Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 29 2004 - 01:49 PM

Just came back from my local Best Buy, picked up a couple of Christmas movies, but also saw they were putting up displays for tomorrow, including a Superbit deal: buy Spidey 2 Superbit along with a Superbit title from a list of approx. a dozen others, and get another one from the list free instantly. The list included, among others, Johnny Mnemonic, Fifth Element, Bad Boys 2, Cliffhanger, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Underworld, Leon: The Professional, Black Hawk Down, The Guns of Navarone, The Missing, Hook, Cirque De Soleil.

Looked like most of the Superbit titles were $20.99 or $22.99, so you could buy Spidey 2 for $17.99, plus pick 2 others at $20.99, and get 3 Superbits for approx. $39. Seems pretty good to me Posted Image
My Family's DVD Collection
My Family's Game Collection

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

#11 of 43 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 29 2004 - 03:00 PM

John: Was the first Spiderman SuperBit on "the list"?

I would guess its not since they are discounting it to $14.99.

#12 of 43 OFFLINE   Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 29 2004 - 03:14 PM

Mike, I don't remember seeing it on the list, but it also seems like the list had more titles than I posted, so who knows; I'll be back there at lunchtime tomorrow, checking!

#13 of 43 OFFLINE   Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 01:24 AM

Do they update the price on your order like Best Buy does? Or do you have to call and request a credit?

#14 of 43 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 02:43 AM

Quote:
Deep Discount DVD just dropped the standard versions to $16.14, and the Superbit to $19.14. They've been pulling this a lot lately, keeping the price high for pre-orders, then dropping it on the day of the release.
They've always done this because they "guarantee" the lowest online price, so when BB.com lowers their price on release day to match their in-store price, DDD lowers their price to beat BB.com by a few cents.

Quote:
Do they update the price on your order like Best Buy does? Or do you have to call and request a credit?
They used to lower the price on existing orders automatically, but I'm not sure if they still do. You should probably give them a call just in case.

#15 of 43 OFFLINE   Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 04:18 AM

Was just going to post a separate thread about the Best Buy Superbit deal, but I guess this'll do.

Picked up Spidey 2 Superbit ($17.99), Lawrence of Arabia Superbit ($21.99), and Spidey 1 Superbit ($14.99).

Spidey 1 came up as the free title when I rang it out, so it should be that whatever the cheapest of the three is will be the free title.

Went to one store, and they had the signage up, but had a crappy selection. So I went to another store, and they didn't have any signage up, and didn't know anything about the promotion, but had a much better selection.

Quote:
The list included, among others, Johnny Mnemonic, Fifth Element, Bad Boys 2, Cliffhanger, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Underworld, Leon: The Professional, Black Hawk Down, The Guns of Navarone, The Missing, Hook, Cirque De Soleil.

Also on the list (from memory):

Heavy Metal
Lawrence of Arabia
Snatch
Spider-Man
Starship Troopers
S.W.A.T.
and Glitter

Okay. Just kidding about Glitter.

#16 of 43 OFFLINE   Wayne W

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 06:57 AM

I did the superbit deal as well. You can actually pay for the cheaper of the two dvds. Just make sure they put in the Spidey 2, then the cheaper one, then the other.

#17 of 43 OFFLINE   Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 07:03 AM

Once Upon a Time in Mexico is also part of the Superbit deal at Best Buy Posted Image

#18 of 43 OFFLINE   Rich Strauss

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Superbit deal. Just by luck, I handed them the DVDs in this order:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Starship Troopers (marked at 21.99)

and

the 21.99 one was the free one!

So I only paid 17.99+14.99+tax for the 3.

Too cool!

#19 of 43 OFFLINE   Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 08:05 AM

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie is also part of the Superbit deal at best Buy Posted Image

#20 of 43 OFFLINE   Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 08:46 AM

I just came back from my local BB and they told me the 'Superbit' deal is a regional thing,any way to know for sure? ..cause I'd really like to get "Lawrence"...

Forum Nav Content I Follow