What's new

Spider-Man 2 deals (1 Viewer)

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Best one I've found yet is once again Best Buy's deal. The pre-order is $14.99 on the special edition (WS or FS), $17.99 for the Superbit, and the Gift set is $34.99. You get a $5 digital coupon for the special edition or superbit and a $10 for the gift set... Also it states "You can also get a free bonus disc with your purchase of Spider-Man 2 (Not included with Superbit and Gift Set versions)." Looks to be another Best Buy exclusive titled "VH1 Goes Inside Spider-Man." It's said to contain "revealing interviews with the creators, writers, directors, producers and various celebrities, all sharing insider stories and personal memories." And unlike the Seinfeld deal you get both the coupon and bonus disc if you preorder. This offer expires 11/27. Again this looks tough to beat.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I think the info that Raimi is working on an extended cut of SP2 tempered my urge to buy until that version hits the shelves. I suspect others feel the same way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave: Over in the Weekly RoundUp I'm reporting that Best Buy and Circuit City are also advertising in-store prices (and on-line prices) of $14.99.

It's also been reported that Fry's will be selling Spidey 2 for $13.99 Tuesday only.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Cool Mike - I just went back and looked at the BB insert from Sunday's paper and it is real easy to get confused on what is what. Bad layout. I just misread it.

Peace,

DM

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave: I have never been so confused looking at packaging. IIRC, the FS & WS versions of the original Spider-Man came in different covers, then the SuperBit, etc. Now, there's everyone (Best Buy included) throwing them all into ads together. It is VERY hard to tell what's what. In fact, I was sure BB was selling the Spidey 2 SuperBit for $14.99 until I was corrected that it was the Spider-Man SuperBit that was selling for $14.99.

Anyway, good deals abound. I would just cuation everyone to triple check the covers of the product they take up to the register so they don't get stuck with something they don't want.

Patrick: No Fry's near me, but wouldn't you figure it was probably the 2-disc SE selling for the $13.99?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW Fry's Outpost.com is reporting $17.99 for both the Spidey 2 SE AND Superbit. $39.99 for the Spidey 2 gift set.

In one of those unusual twists...it is advertising the P&S version of the Spidey 2 SE as $19.99. Go figure.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just came back from my local Best Buy, picked up a couple of Christmas movies, but also saw they were putting up displays for tomorrow, including a Superbit deal: buy Spidey 2 Superbit along with a Superbit title from a list of approx. a dozen others, and get another one from the list free instantly. The list included, among others, Johnny Mnemonic, Fifth Element, Bad Boys 2, Cliffhanger, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Underworld, Leon: The Professional, Black Hawk Down, The Guns of Navarone, The Missing, Hook, Cirque De Soleil.

Looked like most of the Superbit titles were $20.99 or $22.99, so you could buy Spidey 2 for $17.99, plus pick 2 others at $20.99, and get 3 Superbits for approx. $39. Seems pretty good to me :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
John: Was the first Spiderman SuperBit on "the list"?

I would guess its not since they are discounting it to $14.99.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Mike, I don't remember seeing it on the list, but it also seems like the list had more titles than I posted, so who knows; I'll be back there at lunchtime tomorrow, checking!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
They used to lower the price on existing orders automatically, but I'm not sure if they still do. You should probably give them a call just in case.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Was just going to post a separate thread about the Best Buy Superbit deal, but I guess this'll do.

Picked up Spidey 2 Superbit ($17.99), Lawrence of Arabia Superbit ($21.99), and Spidey 1 Superbit ($14.99).

Spidey 1 came up as the free title when I rang it out, so it should be that whatever the cheapest of the three is will be the free title.

Went to one store, and they had the signage up, but had a crappy selection. So I went to another store, and they didn't have any signage up, and didn't know anything about the promotion, but had a much better selection.

Also on the list (from memory):

Heavy Metal
Lawrence of Arabia
Snatch
Spider-Man
Starship Troopers
S.W.A.T.
and Glitter

Okay. Just kidding about Glitter.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I did the superbit deal as well. You can actually pay for the cheaper of the two dvds. Just make sure they put in the Spidey 2, then the cheaper one, then the other.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Once Upon a Time in Mexico is also part of the Superbit deal at Best Buy :)

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip on the Superbit deal. Just by luck, I handed them the DVDs in this order:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Starship Troopers (marked at 21.99)

and

the 21.99 one was the free one!

So I only paid 17.99+14.99+tax for the 3.

Too cool!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie is also part of the Superbit deal at best Buy :)

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I just came back from my local BB and they told me the 'Superbit' deal is a regional thing,any way to know for sure? ..cause I'd really like to get "Lawrence"...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks