Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone remember Fox's WEREWOLF?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 of 36 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,220 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
I haven't a clue as to what series Matt LeBlanc appeared in.

"Top of the Heap" It was a loose spinoff of Married with Children. It did not last very long.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#22 of 36 OFFLINE   Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 05:58 PM

I actually have some partial episodes of "Top of the Heap" along with reinvented "Vinnie and Bobby" as well as "Second Chance" and first episode of "Beans Baxter". Heck, I even have some old "Tracy Ulman" and "It's Garry Shandling show", and "Duet", wait was this on Fox?

Foxy the "FOX" is at it again!!
--/
tkmedia

Blu-Ray, HD DVD, WMV-HD DVD-ROM, D-Theater D-VHS, D5HD, HDCAM, W-VHS, MUSE LD, HDVS LD.
-too much recorded HD not enough time.

#23 of 36 OFFLINE   Eli R

Eli R

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted June 15 2004 - 01:46 AM

What about "Kindred: The Embraced" on Fox? It was about rival vampire clans warring with one another. C. Thomas Howell was the star of it.

#24 of 36 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 15 2004 - 02:32 AM

Eli...
Yeah I have Kindred: The Embraced complete collection on dvd... really good show. I bought it as a blind buy. You can get it at Deep Discount DVD for only $13.28

Was one of the best blind buys I ever made. Posted Image

#25 of 36 OFFLINE   Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted June 15 2004 - 06:40 AM

"Top of the Heap" was a sort of spin-off from "Married With Children."

It starred Matt LeBlanc and Joseph Bologna as a father/son team and only lasted a couple of months.

IIRC, the characters were introduced in the MWC epidose where Al has a song fragment running through his head that's driving him crazy "hmmm-hmmm... him". He finally finds the song, buys an old 45 of it, only to have Matt LeBlanc's character break it before he can listen to it. (LeBlanc is one of Kelly's boyfriends, I think.)

The next appearance on MWC was sort of a backdoor pilot, where the entire episode focused on the father/son duo with Al Bundy playing a small role.

#26 of 36 OFFLINE   Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted June 15 2004 - 06:40 AM

"Top of the Heap" was a sort of spin-off from "Married With Children."

It starred Matt LeBlanc and Joseph Bologna as a father/son team and only lasted a couple of months.

IIRC, the characters were introduced in the MWC epidose where Al has a song fragment running through his head that's driving him crazy "hmmm-hmmm... him". He finally finds the song, buys an old 45 of it, only to have Matt LeBlanc's character break it before he can listen to it. (LeBlanc is one of Kelly's boyfriends, I think.)

The next appearance on MWC was sort of a backdoor pilot, where the entire episode focused on the father/son duo with Al Bundy playing a small role.

#27 of 36 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 18 2004 - 10:18 AM

Kindred was taken OOP by Artisan a few years ago, but Lion's Gate is re-releasing it (exact same set, Artisan logo and all) later this year (Aug. I think).
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#28 of 36 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 18 2004 - 10:27 AM

Really David?

I must have gotten lucky then... because I got my copy of Kindred from DDD just 2 or 3 months ago... and they still have it up for sale so they apparently have some more copies.

#29 of 36 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 18 2004 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, despite it being OOP, I never thought it was particularly hard to find. That must mean they had a LOT of leftover copies from the last production run of the DVDs. :wink:
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#30 of 36 OFFLINE   Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 01:56 PM

One I remember that I would love to have on DVD is Strange Luck. Last less than a full season if I remember right but was great TV.

#31 of 36 OFFLINE   Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 05:15 PM

I remember there was talk that Showtime was thinking about picking up Kindred and re-airing the Fox episodes and possibly funding more. Then Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle crash, and the property was dropped - without him, there was no series. At least that's what I heard at the time. At least the episode that was never aired on Fox showed up in the boxed sets - first VHS, then DVD.

Another Fox network series I'd love to see on proper DVD is Alien Nation - I've got the Columbia House DVDs, which of course don't even cover the entire series, let alone the subsequent movies. I never saw the show on Fox, but discovered it on SciFi years later, and got thoroughly hooked.

Werewolf is a show I watched occasionally and really enjoyed. I'd definitely buy it if it came out on DVD.
Deb Walsh (debwalsh@aol.com)
http://www.debwalsh.com/press/

#32 of 36 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 11:59 PM

Peter Staddon of Fox mentioned Alien Nation in the last HTF chat!

Quote:
"Alien nation is one I would have to check to see if we still have the rights and if we do we will be launching it."

DAVE/Memphis, TN

#33 of 36 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 18 2004 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, despite it being OOP, I never thought it was particularly hard to find. That must mean they had a LOT of leftover copies from the last production run of the DVDs. :wink:
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#34 of 36 OFFLINE   Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 01:56 PM

One I remember that I would love to have on DVD is Strange Luck. Last less than a full season if I remember right but was great TV.

#35 of 36 OFFLINE   Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 05:15 PM

I remember there was talk that Showtime was thinking about picking up Kindred and re-airing the Fox episodes and possibly funding more. Then Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle crash, and the property was dropped - without him, there was no series. At least that's what I heard at the time. At least the episode that was never aired on Fox showed up in the boxed sets - first VHS, then DVD.

Another Fox network series I'd love to see on proper DVD is Alien Nation - I've got the Columbia House DVDs, which of course don't even cover the entire series, let alone the subsequent movies. I never saw the show on Fox, but discovered it on SciFi years later, and got thoroughly hooked.

Werewolf is a show I watched occasionally and really enjoyed. I'd definitely buy it if it came out on DVD.
Deb Walsh (debwalsh@aol.com)
http://www.debwalsh.com/press/

#36 of 36 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 19 2004 - 11:59 PM

Peter Staddon of Fox mentioned Alien Nation in the last HTF chat!

Quote:
"Alien nation is one I would have to check to see if we still have the rights and if we do we will be launching it."

DAVE/Memphis, TN

Forum Nav Content I Follow