Anyone remember Fox's WEREWOLF?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Doug Miller, Jun 12, 2004.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

"Top of the Heap" It was a loose spinoff of Married with Children. It did not last very long.

2. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Supporting Actor

I actually have some partial episodes of "Top of the Heap" along with reinvented "Vinnie and Bobby" as well as "Second Chance" and first episode of "Beans Baxter". Heck, I even have some old "Tracy Ulman" and "It's Garry Shandling show", and "Duet", wait was this on Fox?

Foxy the "FOX" is at it again!!

3. Eli R

Eli R Auditioning

What about "Kindred: The Embraced" on Fox? It was about rival vampire clans warring with one another. C. Thomas Howell was the star of it.

4. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    Eli...
    Yeah I have Kindred: The Embraced complete collection on dvd... really good show. I bought it as a blind buy. You can get it at Deep Discount DVD for only $13.28

Was one of the best blind buys I ever made. [​IMG]

5. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

"Top of the Heap" was a sort of spin-off from "Married With Children."

It starred Matt LeBlanc and Joseph Bologna as a father/son team and only lasted a couple of months.

IIRC, the characters were introduced in the MWC epidose where Al has a song fragment running through his head that's driving him crazy "hmmm-hmmm... him". He finally finds the song, buys an old 45 of it, only to have Matt LeBlanc's character break it before he can listen to it. (LeBlanc is one of Kelly's boyfriends, I think.)

The next appearance on MWC was sort of a backdoor pilot, where the entire episode focused on the father/son duo with Al Bundy playing a small role.

6. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

"Top of the Heap" was a sort of spin-off from "Married With Children."

It starred Matt LeBlanc and Joseph Bologna as a father/son team and only lasted a couple of months.

IIRC, the characters were introduced in the MWC epidose where Al has a song fragment running through his head that's driving him crazy "hmmm-hmmm... him". He finally finds the song, buys an old 45 of it, only to have Matt LeBlanc's character break it before he can listen to it. (LeBlanc is one of Kelly's boyfriends, I think.)

The next appearance on MWC was sort of a backdoor pilot, where the entire episode focused on the father/son duo with Al Bundy playing a small role.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Kindred was taken OOP by Artisan a few years ago, but Lion's Gate is re-releasing it (exact same set, Artisan logo and all) later this year (Aug. I think).

8. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    Really David?

I must have gotten lucky then... because I got my copy of Kindred from DDD just 2 or 3 months ago... and they still have it up for sale so they apparently have some more copies.

9. David Lambert

Yeah, despite it being OOP, I never thought it was particularly hard to find. That must mean they had a LOT of leftover copies from the last production run of the DVDs. :wink:

10. David Lambert

Yeah, despite it being OOP, I never thought it was particularly hard to find. That must mean they had a LOT of leftover copies from the last production run of the DVDs. :wink:

11. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

One I remember that I would love to have on DVD is Strange Luck. Last less than a full season if I remember right but was great TV.

12. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

One I remember that I would love to have on DVD is Strange Luck. Last less than a full season if I remember right but was great TV.

13. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I remember there was talk that Showtime was thinking about picking up Kindred and re-airing the Fox episodes and possibly funding more. Then Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle crash, and the property was dropped - without him, there was no series. At least that's what I heard at the time. At least the episode that was never aired on Fox showed up in the boxed sets - first VHS, then DVD.

Another Fox network series I'd love to see on proper DVD is Alien Nation - I've got the Columbia House DVDs, which of course don't even cover the entire series, let alone the subsequent movies. I never saw the show on Fox, but discovered it on SciFi years later, and got thoroughly hooked.

Werewolf is a show I watched occasionally and really enjoyed. I'd definitely buy it if it came out on DVD.

14. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I remember there was talk that Showtime was thinking about picking up Kindred and re-airing the Fox episodes and possibly funding more. Then Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle crash, and the property was dropped - without him, there was no series. At least that's what I heard at the time. At least the episode that was never aired on Fox showed up in the boxed sets - first VHS, then DVD.

Another Fox network series I'd love to see on proper DVD is Alien Nation - I've got the Columbia House DVDs, which of course don't even cover the entire series, let alone the subsequent movies. I never saw the show on Fox, but discovered it on SciFi years later, and got thoroughly hooked.

Werewolf is a show I watched occasionally and really enjoyed. I'd definitely buy it if it came out on DVD.

15. David Lambert

Peter Staddon of Fox mentioned Alien Nation in the last HTF chat!

16. David Lambert

Peter Staddon of Fox mentioned Alien Nation in the last HTF chat!