Anyone remember Fox's WEREWOLF?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Doug Miller, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    Anyone remember one of Fox's original TV series, Werewolf. Stared some soap opera star as the lead -- I absolutely loved this series. Picture the Incredible Hulk with a werewolf instead of the Hulk. Also starred Chuck Conners.

I would love a DVD of this -- or even a VHS copy of the episodes if anyone has them (cough/cough) [​IMG].

For it's time, I remember it's effects rivaling American Werewolf in London and easily beat the Howling.

Doug

2. WillG

WillG Producer

The one with the bleeding pentagram in they guy's palm just before he changed, right?

I remember it. What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison"

3. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I loved Werewolf when it was on.... I would love to see this show released... it is one I would defiitely buy as soon as it came out. It seemed to become one of those rare treasures... I been looking for them somehow for years but can't seem to find them anywhere.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I believe this show was one of those listed in a poll of tv releases by Fox. So at least someone from the studio is at least thinking about it.

5. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    Yeah, the bleeding pentagram one. I just remember how great the effects were. The werewolf looked awesome (although not near as cool as the Chuck Conners one, which I won't spoil in case you haven't seen it). I remember watching this as a teen and thinking, "Damn this is really sweet!" I'm actually surprised it made the air when you think about it. This show was pretty gory. Alas, it didn't last very long.

Doug

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I remember this show very well.....I would love to see this one come out on DVD as a one-shot boxset. I was certainly upset to see this one cancelled so quickly.

I recall that the Chuck Connors died partway through the season so they had to replace his character with an even badder werewolf played by Brian Thompson (shape-shifter in X-Files). Hard to believe that I still recall this since I haven't seen the show since it last originally aired.

7. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

"What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison""

Another original Fox show, "Mr. President" with George C. Scott which suffered the indignity of drawing the lowest rating in the history of network primetime television prior to the XFL.

8. Ed_City

Ed_City Agent

I have the pilot and a handful of episodes of WEREWOLF, and can safely say it holds up well and would make a great DVD release (although it has a lot of contemporary music in it, that could be a problem).

Another great short-lived FOX series from the same time period was THE ALL-NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

9. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

Chuck Connors' character was just killed off I think, since he didn't die until 1992, well after that show ended.

10. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Hmmm....so he did. I should've checked imdb first. Funny how time screws with the memories.:b

11. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

Bean baxter ruled.

Mathhew perry and Matt LeBlanc had 2 shows that were preety good. I remember really liking LeBlanch in his show.

Anyone recall the show where it was a half-black, half-white brady bunch clan? that kicked booty.

12. WillG

WillG Producer

I believe that was "True Colors"

13. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Do you guys remember 'Stand by your man', it came on after 'Married with children'. I had a brief run, I think Rosie Odonell was on it, the premise was to women who's husbands went to jain for something I can't remember.

But I do remember that werewolf show, it scared the crap outta me as a kid.

14. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

15. John KB

John KB Second Unit

Ed City which pilot do you have? Supposedly there was 4 of them.

16. WillG

WillG Producer

Wow, some of there are very obscure. Some, I cannot even find on Jump the Shark even though some did run for a season or so.

17. Ed_City

Ed_City Agent

That is a mistake on epguides.com

The pilot was a 120 min TV movie, which was then split into 4 x 30 min episodes (30 minutes was the standard length of WEREWOLF episodes... which is good because it cuts to the chase, no INCREDIBLE HULK-style bloated stories).

The first 10 minutes of the pilot features both Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running (Can you hear Me)" and Timbuk 3 "Future's So Bright (I gotta wear shades)", so I think music rights would definately be an issue for this release.

18. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

With their subsequent success. I highly doubt we will get the rights for this song cheap."

[​IMG]

19. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

Wasn't Joan Rivers given a late-night talk show on Fox's first season? Or am I thinking of a different network?

20. Dewitte

Dewitte Stunt Coordinator

Ray Gootz wrote in Post #11:

Matthew Perry starred in Second Chance as the kid who received advice from his future self (sent back to Earth from the Pearly Gates after being deemed not good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell). The series spawned a sequel, Boys Will Be Boys (also starring Perry), which was more or less your basic guy comedy. Both series were pretty lame with occasional bits of hilarity.

Imagine a watered-down Chandler from Friends and you essentially have Perry's character from both shows.

I haven't a clue as to what series Matt LeBlanc appeared in.

De