What's new

Knight Rider & Sliders - Due 8/3/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Universal Home Video has just announced two more great - and long-awaited - TV shows for release on DVD.

Due on August 3rd are Knight Rider: Season One and Sliders: Seasons 1 & 2.

Knight Rider will arrive as a four-disc set featuring fullscreen transfers and Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono audio. The only bonus material revealed so far is the Knight Rider 2000 TV movie which will be available on disc 4. Retail is $59.98. Sliders will be presented in fullscreen and Dolby Digital Surround and will be spread over six discs. Bonus materials have yet to be announced. Retail is $89.98.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
$90.00 for sliders? ouch! Glad it'll be available though. Shouldn't this be in the tv secction?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Uggh, they really overprice their classic TV shows (see Quantum Leap, Northern Exposure and Battlestar Galactica).

Chris

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Actually, yes... this should have gone into the TV section. If a moderator could kindly move it over, it would be much appreciated!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wonder why Knight Rider 2000 is a bonus on season one of Knight Rider. I like Knight Rider 2000, but I'm not buying season one to get it. I don't like the regular TV show enough to actually buy it on DVD. It was just an OK show.

However, Sliders is a show I'm glad will be on DVD. I do think Universal should drop the release price by 20-30 dollars because it would sell more copies. I think that would be a better way to make sseasons 3-5 being rleased if the first set was priced at a good price for consumers.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy the first set of Sliders because I love it so much, but the rest of the seasons can burn in TV hell for all I care! :D

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Is Knight Rider 2000 the one where they kill off Devon Miles? That was a really terrible show.

I can say right now that my copy of KR2000 on disc 4 will remain unwatched for the rest of my natural life.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, thanks for that info. I loved the first few seasons of Sliders (when it was on Fox IIRC). Definitely worth picking up that set. I hope that the price comes down a little bit though. Unless the extras are just that killer ($90 killer? doubtful).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I was hoping for new stereo mixes for the earlier episodes of Knight Rider. They first started being broadcast in stereo in Season 2 was it?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

I'm with Lutter on this one. I loved the first season, maybe the second? But that drivel they labeled as Sliders that ran on Sci-fi? Ick!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I thought the first year of Sliders on Sci-Fi (4th overall) was something akin to a return to form after the pretty terrible third. The fifth, I can happily ignore, but year four wasn't bad at all.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Sliders seems over-priced at $89.99, but the main thing that raises flags with the announcement is "the collectible package of the year." In my experience, that usually means it either won't fit on my shelf, the discs will be difficult to remove or both. The packaging standards are the way they are for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks