Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

antenna help for over the air reception !!!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   GlenRF

GlenRF

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 05:01 PM

I have just recieved my new HDTV reciever from direct tv and was wanting to pick up an antenna to be able to get my local HD channels I found a site that gave me the distance from stations ( 20 miles from farthest station )and I was wondering if the silver sensor from zenith would be a good choice for this or if I should go out and buy a rooftop antenna for this I have minimal trees in my area. thanks any help would help.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Don_Berg

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 08:37 PM

Silver Sensor should be fine for a 20mile distance if your stations are broadcasting with a reasonable power output and you are not in a deep valley or something that would block the signals. Best results would be to locate the antenna at least looking thru a window in the direction of the broadcast towers, stucco walls have fine wire mesh that reduces the signal a lot. Outdoor is better just to avoid the signal reflections off objects and people walking near the indoor antenna. I put a small one on my back porch to avoid those issues.