What's new

antenna help for over the air reception !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

GlenRF

Agent
I have just recieved my new HDTV reciever from direct tv and was wanting to pick up an antenna to be able to get my local HD channels I found a site that gave me the distance from stations ( 20 miles from farthest station )and I was wondering if the silver sensor from zenith would be a good choice for this or if I should go out and buy a rooftop antenna for this I have minimal trees in my area. thanks any help would help.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Silver Sensor should be fine for a 20mile distance if your stations are broadcasting with a reasonable power output and you are not in a deep valley or something that would block the signals. Best results would be to locate the antenna at least looking thru a window in the direction of the broadcast towers, stucco walls have fine wire mesh that reduces the signal a lot. Outdoor is better just to avoid the signal reflections off objects and people walking near the indoor antenna. I put a small one on my back porch to avoid those issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks