-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question About iTunes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 04:31 AM

I just downloaded a free song off of iTunes thanks to Pepsi, only to find that I can't play it in Windows Media Player, where all of my other music files reside. Any way to get around this? If this sounds too much like it's encouraging piracy, sorry, I'll understand if the mods delete this thread, but piracy isn't my intention here, just convenience.
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#2 of 11 Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 04:47 AM

For copy protection reasons it can only play in iTunes. It makes a very good jukebox btw.

#3 of 11 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 04:53 AM

Hmm, I see why they would do that, but it still sucks for me. Stupid Pepsi should've made the deal with Napster instead. Oh well, Coke's better anyway. And no, I'm not ungrateful.Posted Image
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#4 of 11 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 08:05 AM

You can download Itunes for Windows for free.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#5 of 11 Gui A

Gui A

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 12:38 PM

You can burn them to a CDRW and re encode them back as .MP3

#6 of 11 Brent_H

Brent_H

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 02:35 PM

Gui is right, works like a charm. And, yes, iTunes is very nice. I just wish it didn't hog as much of system resrouces as it does. I find that after awhile, when switching between tasks and what not, my mp3's "skip." Winamp never does this. Posted Image

#7 of 11 Craig F

Craig F

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 03:10 PM

wait * nevermind Posted Image

#8 of 11 Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted February 15 2004 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I too am enjoying the Pepsi-Itunes deal. Have downloaded six songs so far...
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#9 of 11 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted February 16 2004 - 03:55 AM

I've decided I'm just going to save up enough until I can get Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer," the complete album. I've got six saved up so far I think. Spent the first one on "Clocks" by Coldplay. Thank goodness my dad consumes Diet Pepsi like most people consume oxygen, b/c Mountain Dew is the only Pepsi product I find even midly tolerable, and I only drink that at restaurants that don't serve coke anyway.

#10 of 11 Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted February 16 2004 - 03:59 AM

Quote:
Spent the first one on "Clocks" by Coldplay.

Ironically, I was listening to this song when I read you post...crazy, huh?
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#11 of 11 Shane Bos

Shane Bos

Second Unit

• 256 posts

Posted February 16 2004 - 05:52 AM

I wish they had this deal going in Canada I drink way too much Pepsi. Usually have a six pack of the bottles on my desk at work. I would totally be down with a couple free CD's to go with it.