Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Infinity (New) Kappa Speakers...Thoughts!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Trilo A

Trilo A

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 10:45 AM

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with these new Infinities.

They look beautiful and should sound great. I like the new Infinity sound (CMMD Drivers) but have not heard these. I have a friend that can get them wholesale for me at about 35% off list. I was thinking about the 600's, Center, and 4 200's for the rear. Just let me know what you guys think fo what you have heard or seen.

#2 of 6 Jaime B

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 01:05 PM

Trilo:

Here's the answer to your question:

http://www.hifichoic...int.asp?ID=2646

#3 of 6 LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 05:57 PM

Historically, British audio reviewers have usually preferred warm sounding equipment, so it's no surprize they didn't particularly like these Infinitys. A review of some Boston Acoustics a couple years ago by another British magazine said something to the effect that "they were another typically brash American design".

LJ

#4 of 6 Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 03:31 PM

I looked at these guys as well. There is another review floating about too, that wasn't that complementary as well (DVD Etc maybe). I was disappointed in that they are good looking speakers. But then my conclusion was that maybe they didn't pay enough attention to sonics. I went with Mirage OM-7's.
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#5 of 6 Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 12:48 AM

Being speakers you need to listen for yourself, but I personally really like Infinity speakers. DVD Etc. may have done multiple reviews, but at least one of them was so glowing that Infinity uses it on their Web site: look at resources box.

-Robb

#6 of 6 Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 04:15 PM

Either my memory is faulty (possible at my age Posted Image ), or maybe I was comparing the DVD Etc review to another speaker that DVD Etc reviewed even better.

And, just for kicks, here was another review that I had found:

http://www.audioimpo...s/K600/K600.htm
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...