-

Photo
- - - - -

Infinity (New) Kappa Speakers...Thoughts!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Trilo A

Trilo A

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 10:45 AM

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with these new Infinities.

They look beautiful and should sound great. I like the new Infinity sound (CMMD Drivers) but have not heard these. I have a friend that can get them wholesale for me at about 35% off list. I was thinking about the 600's, Center, and 4 200's for the rear. Just let me know what you guys think fo what you have heard or seen.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jaime B

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 01:05 PM

Trilo:

Here's the answer to your question:

http://www.hifichoic...int.asp?ID=2646

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 05:57 PM

Historically, British audio reviewers have usually preferred warm sounding equipment, so it's no surprize they didn't particularly like these Infinitys. A review of some Boston Acoustics a couple years ago by another British magazine said something to the effect that "they were another typically brash American design".

LJ

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 03:31 PM

I looked at these guys as well. There is another review floating about too, that wasn't that complementary as well (DVD Etc maybe). I was disappointed in that they are good looking speakers. But then my conclusion was that maybe they didn't pay enough attention to sonics. I went with Mirage OM-7's.
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 12:48 AM

Being speakers you need to listen for yourself, but I personally really like Infinity speakers. DVD Etc. may have done multiple reviews, but at least one of them was so glowing that Infinity uses it on their Web site: look at resources box.

-Robb

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 04:15 PM

Either my memory is faulty (possible at my age Posted Image ), or maybe I was comparing the DVD Etc review to another speaker that DVD Etc reviewed even better.

And, just for kicks, here was another review that I had found:

http://www.audioimpo...s/K600/K600.htm
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...