Infinity (New) Kappa Speakers...Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Trilo A, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Trilo A

Trilo A Auditioning

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with these new Infinities.

They look beautiful and should sound great. I like the new Infinity sound (CMMD Drivers) but have not heard these. I have a friend that can get them wholesale for me at about 35% off list. I was thinking about the 600's, Center, and 4 200's for the rear. Just let me know what you guys think fo what you have heard or seen.

2. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

3. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Historically, British audio reviewers have usually preferred warm sounding equipment, so it's no surprize they didn't particularly like these Infinitys. A review of some Boston Acoustics a couple years ago by another British magazine said something to the effect that "they were another typically brash American design".

LJ

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I looked at these guys as well. There is another review floating about too, that wasn't that complementary as well (DVD Etc maybe). I was disappointed in that they are good looking speakers. But then my conclusion was that maybe they didn't pay enough attention to sonics. I went with Mirage OM-7's.

5. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Being speakers you need to listen for yourself, but I personally really like Infinity speakers. DVD Etc. may have done multiple reviews, but at least one of them was so glowing that Infinity uses it on their Web site: look at resources box.

-Robb

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Either my memory is faulty (possible at my age [​IMG] ), or maybe I was comparing the DVD Etc review to another speaker that DVD Etc reviewed even better.

And, just for kicks, here was another review that I had found:

http://www.audioimports.com/reviews/K600/K600.htm