What's new

Woah... Bill & Ted, no extras? (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Just saw over at DVDFile that MGM is releasing both Bill & Ted movies this December at $14.95 each.
The two films are OAR and anamorphic, but only "Bogus Journey" has anything extra - a featurette.
While I'm glad these are coming out at all (and in widescreen, thank goodness!), it would have been nice to see a little something extra. "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" has a completely different ending that was changed, and there are a couple other little deleted bits I've heard of from that film.
I only bring this up because Bill & Ted have a following. The people who really like these movies would be the kind of people who would like to see some stuff that got cut from the film. But I doubt that will ever happen unless sometime in the future studios reinstate licensing out titles for special treatment by the Anchor Bays and Criterions of the business.
= Derek =

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Are you serious man an Alternate Ending? and Other
Deleted Scenes? I love seeing deleted stuff if there
is anything on dvds and to not release it for this release
even if their is no extra's is a joke I mean even if they
dont want to fix up the raw footage that's ok just put
it on there anyways so we have some kind of extras.
I think we should start a petition so that these films
get the Special Edition treatment.later.
-Mike

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
ALSO,
supposidly there are TV spots with Bill & Ted's Bogus journey actually being called Bill & Ted Go To Hell.
They later had to change the title becuase they couldn't advertise(say 'hell') untill after midnight.
------------------

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I love seeing deleted stuff if there is anything on dvds and to not release it for this release even if their is no extra's is a joke I mean even if they dont want to fix up the raw footage that's ok just put it on there anyways so we have some kind of extras.
Whoa! That run-on sentence just racked my brain. :)
Glad to hear that a release date has finally been announced for these two titles as I've been eagerly anticating their release for some time. Any word on whether these are new transfers or not? I remember reading something about a release in region 2(?) of these films that was not too hot.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, Mike, that conversation made a whole lot more sense this time ! ! !
Just waiting to crank up 'two heads are better than one'

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I love both movies, but why no extras? Come on, cant you just put some deleted scenes on both DVDs? I will buy both of them, but I wanted a little bit more than a theatrical trailer and a production featurette. If Killer Klowns From Outer Space (another fine cinema classic I must say) can be a nice, full blown SE for $10, why can't both Bill and Ted movies?
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Ben_S

Agent
Well, as long as they're OAR and anamorphic I'm happy. And these will probably sell for under ten bucks too...

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
If my memory is correct, my old VHS copy of Bogus Journey has two music videos on it. At the beginning, it has Kiss' "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" and then at the end of the VHS it has Slaughter's "Shout it Out". Why can't they put these on the DVD??

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Maybe if I go back in time, I can set up special edition material so we can have it now.
DENOMOLIS: I too can play the time game! If you do that, after I vanquish you, I'll go back in time and set up this key! AND ANOTHER GUN!
------------------

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
If my memory is correct, my old VHS copy of Bogus Journey has two music videos on it. At the beginning, it has Kiss' "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" and then at the end of the VHS it has Slaughter's "Shout it Out". Why can't they put these on the DVD??
I could be (and probably am) wrong, but it could possibly be a rights issue.
By the way, it's another 3 months before this hits shelves. You never know...MGM might acquire something else (like the alternate ending or the music videos) in that time. It's a longshot, but a possibility nonetheless.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Anamorphic OAR and original sound are my only concerns. I love extras yet I don't miss them when they aren't there. So at $14.95, these will be great additions to the collection! I'm sure I know a few people that haven't realized the true wit of these films.
------------------
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Anamorphic and OAR for $14.95. I'm pleased. We can only hope that we'll see some SEs down the line
Jeff Kleist

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Will this have all the original music in the first one?? I know there was some rights issues
------------------

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Is Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey 1.85:1? Because according to imdb(Yes I know that they are always wrong) both movies were 2.35:1? If the OAR is correct on the dvds, then this is a no brainer, guily pleasure, 80's nostalgia, stupid buddie flick to pick up. :)
------------------
Michael's DVD's

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Im not 100% sure of this, but werent these both Orion movies? I dont think MGM originally owned the rights to this movie and recently aquired them. If this is true, then its pretty hit or miss as to whether deleted or behind the scenes footage would be available.
As for Killer Klowns, I beleive the Chiodo Bros held onto alot of the original material when they made the movie, thats why the stuff is still available. Bill & Ted just didnt fare too well.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
STATION!! :)
looks like a couple of good ones anyway...more Orion stuff.
With UHF coming out next year, there's not much more to be denied...
------------------
"Fearless Freep?! That's mmma boy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks