What's new

Help with Onkyo center speaker (1 Viewer)

Michael_C

Auditioning
I have the Onkyo SKS-HT510 speaker set. I have read that these are not magnetically shielded...which makes no sense since there for HT.

I have my mains about six feet to either side of my viewing device. Question is this far enough away knowing they are not shielded?

Second question is there a problem when placing my center on my RPTV, if so would mounting it to the wall directly behind the tv but above it, even with the top of it, be safe and far enough away.

My last option is to go ahead and up-grade it to the Polk I want, I don't have the funds to up-grade the whole front stage. Does anybody have a clue as to what center if any would match my Onkyo mains.....this really sucks, I can't believe they would sell these for HT. Thanks for any help.
Mike

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
I put my Onkyo center on top of my RPTV. The only problem I had was that the RPTV cant hold the weight. I ended building a stand and setting the center in front of the TV.

My Onkyo speaker set came with the HT-S760 HT system. It looks to be the same speakers as the 510. In the manual it clearly states that the Left/Right/Center speakers are shielded.

Michael_C

Auditioning
Yeah my system is the HT-S767 the speakers are all the same.
I have read some threads on this site about color blead with this center on the tv. Guess I'l wait and see. Thanks for the reply.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks