What's new

My older Onkyo HT-RC-330 wont power on need new AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Real Name
C Bennett
Ok, just as the title states... 3 days ago I wanted to start rewatching Miami Vice...loved it as a kid..got the Dvd's as a Christmas present so went to watch them..got the DvD's out got the first few episodes DvD into the player..tried to power on the Onkyo HT RC-330 and no go..last time i used it it was just fine...now..no power. Everything was kinda run through that so I need a new AV Receiver.

Just a small living room the RC-330 worked fine for me so something thats at least that powerful I only run (and have no plans to upgrade) a typical 5.1 center/left/right/ 2 surrounds and a Subwoofer. the speakers are not really anything special Mirage Omni 60's.. well Any suggestions in the $300 or less range? I know a lot is out there now days. But I havent really followed along much since I upgraded ages ago to that Onkyo and a Panasonic Plasma..which still works fine..

Well let me know what you think oh im a bit limited space wise also so has to be roughly same size as the Onkyo RC-330 max height i think i can squeeze in there is probably 5 3/4" thats about what the Onkyo is/was No idea why it died just did but need a replacement. Thanks in advance for any answers/help

Max Taxable

Xenforo Addon Developer
Real Name
James
I love my Yamaha I've had since Noah let the animals out of the Ark. (Yamaha receiver RX-V361) Wouldn't part with it unless it died and I couldn't fix it, but if so I would be looking at this puppy:

And here's mine on ebay for a hunnert bucks:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do you mind buying a refurb from an authorized seller? This Denon is probably the best you can find at (slightly over) the price range.

Real Name
C Bennett
Do you mind buying a refurb from an authorized seller? This Denon is probably the best you can find at (slightly over) the price range.
No I dont mind, im staying away from Onkyo this time ..But that is the place I got the Onkyo from. So no i dont mind. I just have never has something not power on for no actual reason. Till now lol. I mean the old kenwood I gave my nephew is still going and thats circa 2005, my VERY OLD (now days) Carver AVR 100 is also still going and that was bought back in 1989/90..

but I like Accessories4less just fine.

Real Name
C Bennett
Looking at the Denon AVR s540BT and the Yamaha RX-V385BL currently there was also the SonySRT DH590

Real Name
C Bennett
So of these 3 which I can get from $230-279 what is the "best"????

Denon AVR s540BT and the Yamaha RX-V385BL currently there was also the SonySRT DH590

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks