What's new

Cleaning up wires (1 Viewer)

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
How can i clean up the wires behind my TV and shit?
I mean i try to lay them out all nice but when they are all connected it looks like a tornado tore through the back of my TV, and all the wires are a mess..... what are good ways to clean them up and keep them looking neat and organized?

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
but what about that excess wire?
I mean obviously im not going to get a wire that is the EXACT length from my Unit to my TV, so whats the best way to clean that up? Roll the wire up? coil it around something?

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
I wrap mine like they come in stores. Back and forth about 4-5" each way, instead of rolling. Also be careful if you have any optical cables, they're a bit less durable.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Like Ben says. I keep them wrapped up like I get them. Generally, I keep the excess "wrap" close to (behind) the peripheral machine (not all behind the receiver/decoder, I mean), so the longer wire end goes to the receiver. Use the twisted thingy to keep it together again.

For speakers, I generally cut the wires to their 'exact' length (including all deviations, etc. to lay the wire nicely out of the way).

That's the way I do it with PC's too, BTW.

Cees

Cagri

Second Unit
I tried for a tidy behind the rack look several times but I gave up. I don't see the mess anyways. Only problem is when I occasionally want to change a component's place, it's a hard job to find the power cord and other cables hooked to it. I tried wrapping them but every cable goes to a different direction and wrapping them is not a very easy job as it sounds, and it doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks