What's new

Bundling Mogami Neglex balanced cables for "Neatness" (1 Viewer)

Shene

Auditioning
Real Name
William Shenefelt, II
I have both a 5 channel Anthem amplifier and an Anthem 15.4 processor/preamp on order. I also have a pair of subwoofers at the same end of the room as my Video/theater equipment cabinet. These 7 lines could be encased in one of those wire wraps at least from the processor to the first subwoofer and Anthem inputs that act like a Chinese finger puzzle often used for a speaker wire to supposedly look better. I am only trying to clean up my cables, not decorate them. I would likely put all the wires through before installing the Neutrik connectors on the second end. One line going to the input of the left subwoofer would just extend on its own to the opposite corner for the second sub. I do not think making the bundle rather than having all of the cables loose should cause any wire to wire fields that would make a less than ideal transmission. Any opinions on if this is not the best way to go? Once in the cable wrap they would not be removable except if one connector end would be removed for each cable to be removed.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It will work fine. I used to use this multi cable to get signal from one equipment rack to another.

3335d1179852778-how-many-you-built-your-own-cables-home-theater-cables.jpg

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Shene

Auditioning
Real Name
William Shenefelt, II
Thanks Wayne. I have not been a fan of cable hysteria but I had a major problem with a tone arm cable on a moving coil cartridge. I got noise and RF on the cable. I tried a lot of different cables, even a $1000 Audioquest phono cable (on loan only) to no avail. The orientation of the cable between the tone arm base and the phono preamp made a major difference in the amount of noise. I know, that cable carried a minute voltage and current as signal so amplification amplified the smallest of changes in the external noise. I found no way of using a balanced cable for phono signals. I think I saw a "balanced" cartridge once but it was a fortune. I just wanted to get a good opinion on a whole bundle of cables held closely together being a problem. Once I bundle them, I would have to remove one xlr connector from every cable to get them out or cut the cable wrap the whole length. If you have no problem with unbalanced I should have no problem with balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks