Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SACD Setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_Stephen

Robert_Stephen

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 01:25 PM

Hi all,
First let me say this...
I have read this forum for years and you guys have helped me more than you know, in fact I just purchased a new HT system based on your opinions, so thanks a million!

OK, my problem;
I have the DECO Velodyne speaker system, the Sony NS755V DVD/CD player and the H/K AVR 525.
I finally got the dvd system to work in Dolby and now I'm trying to get the SACD's to play. And I'm haveing the worst time. I do have 6 input cables hooked between the 755 and H/K Reciever, but I'll be dammed if I can get all 5 speakers to work. I can get the L, R, and sub to play but that's it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 01:42 PM

1) Make sure all your RCA cables are in good condition.
2) Make sure that all the RCA connectors are properly seated at both ends
3) Check your receiver, remote, and manual for a "Multi-Channel Input" function/option/button.

I know it sounds basic, but sometimes it's the basics that can bite ya!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted July 31 2003 - 04:39 PM

I believe it is number 3 above. You need to be able to select the multi channel analog inputs, which is usually an individually selectable source.

Are you using a multi channel SACD? If you have a 2ch only SACD, then there is no way to get multi-channel audio from it. What is recorded is what you get since it is analog. If you are using a hybrid multi-channel disc, you may need to check which layer the player defaults to, because it may default to 2ch, despite the multi-channel layer. My 222ES has this setting, so the 755 may also.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein