What's new

SACD Setup (1 Viewer)

Robert_Stephen

Auditioning
Hi all,
First let me say this...
I have read this forum for years and you guys have helped me more than you know, in fact I just purchased a new HT system based on your opinions, so thanks a million!

OK, my problem;
I have the DECO Velodyne speaker system, the Sony NS755V DVD/CD player and the H/K AVR 525.
I finally got the dvd system to work in Dolby and now I'm trying to get the SACD's to play. And I'm haveing the worst time. I do have 6 input cables hooked between the 755 and H/K Reciever, but I'll be dammed if I can get all 5 speakers to work. I can get the L, R, and sub to play but that's it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
1) Make sure all your RCA cables are in good condition.
2) Make sure that all the RCA connectors are properly seated at both ends
3) Check your receiver, remote, and manual for a "Multi-Channel Input" function/option/button.

I know it sounds basic, but sometimes it's the basics that can bite ya!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe it is number 3 above. You need to be able to select the multi channel analog inputs, which is usually an individually selectable source.

Are you using a multi channel SACD? If you have a 2ch only SACD, then there is no way to get multi-channel audio from it. What is recorded is what you get since it is analog. If you are using a hybrid multi-channel disc, you may need to check which layer the player defaults to, because it may default to 2ch, despite the multi-channel layer. My 222ES has this setting, so the 755 may also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks