Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

SVS sub w/ Mirage micro omnisats??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   VeerM

• 1 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 04:49 PM

I'd like any help I can get on this question. I'm looking to building a system from scratch. I have read excellent reviews on the Mirage omnisats speakers. I love their looks and believe their sound should place it among the best satellites around. And for the SVS 25/31pci subwoofer... all I've read are wonderful things about it. I am so excited about ordering this and finally getting to try it. I've had my eye on the Integra DTR 5.4 receiver approx $600(which I was told is really nice...a higher end Onkyo?) f So my question is... how do I know whether this set will sound good for both music and theatre. Just because all these systems get great reviews, doesn't mean they will go together well. I am afraid especially that the SVS sub will over power the omnisats. And if so, what are the smallest good quality speakers I can purchase to complete my system? Thanks in advance for any and all advice you can give.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Myo K

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 06:35 PM

believe it or not mirage also has a line called the micro omni sats which are tiny, they fit in the palm of your hand, they are micro versions of the omni sats and retail for about a little less then 200 dollars a speaker.

personally i do not like satelites because of the frequency limitations. but i do have the omni 60 50 cc and they are awesome.

i dislike the integra sound very much, it sounds too thin and lacks detail imo.

the omni speakers will sound semi bright (titanium metal tweeter with a fabric surround to dull brightnesss) and can play a pretty good amount of detail, their speakers shine the most in "how much sound they can fill a room with" they make big sound from small speakers. unlike bose Posted Image

if i were to pair these speakers up with anything, it would be a warm receiver that can play a lot of subtle details such as denon or nad.

how will they sound with an svs sub? i do not know, since ive never heard an svs sub before, but if your afraid of it overpowering the speakers, why not just low the sub output? problem solved Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users