What's new

SVS sub w/ Mirage micro omnisats?? (1 Viewer)

VeerM

Auditioning
I'd like any help I can get on this question.

I'm looking to building a system from scratch.

I have read excellent reviews on the Mirage omnisats speakers. I love their looks and believe their sound should place it among the best satellites around.

And for the SVS 25/31pci subwoofer... all I've read are wonderful things about it. I am so excited about ordering this and finally getting to try it.

I've had my eye on the Integra DTR 5.4 receiver approx $600(which I was told is really nice...a higher end Onkyo?) f

So my question is... how do I know whether this set will sound good for both music and theatre.

Just because all these systems get great reviews, doesn't mean they will go together well. I am afraid especially that the SVS sub will over power the omnisats. And if so, what are the smallest good quality speakers I can purchase to complete my system?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice you can give.

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
believe it or not mirage also has a line called the micro omni sats which are tiny, they fit in the palm of your hand, they are micro versions of the omni sats and retail for about a little less then 200 dollars a speaker.

personally i do not like satelites because of the frequency limitations. but i do have the omni 60 50 cc and they are awesome.

i dislike the integra sound very much, it sounds too thin and lacks detail imo.

the omni speakers will sound semi bright (titanium metal tweeter with a fabric surround to dull brightnesss) and can play a pretty good amount of detail, their speakers shine the most in "how much sound they can fill a room with" they make big sound from small speakers. unlike bose ;)

if i were to pair these speakers up with anything, it would be a warm receiver that can play a lot of subtle details such as denon or nad.

how will they sound with an svs sub? i do not know, since ive never heard an svs sub before, but if your afraid of it overpowering the speakers, why not just low the sub output? problem solved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks