What's new

Best pre/pro for $1000 new or used? (1 Viewer)

MitchKel

Grip
Looking for some suggestions for my next processor. I like the B&K 30 but before I commit I wanted to get as many opinions as I can. My new processor must have a great music section. Thanks

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
There is only one in that category:

A new Outlaw Model 950 pre-amp. It may have its quirks (no matter what, you will need to have the fixed analog 80 Hz crossover for the 5.1 analog inputs ON for DVD-Audio and/or SACD; if you can live with that then you just jumped its biggest hurdle), but it's still quite decent for the money and has all the major surround formats except DTS 96/24 plus 24 bit/192 kHz DACs on all channels. The remaining software bug was just fixed and any being new units have the latest software.

I'd spend the bulk of my money on quality amplification and speakers. They will be around much, much longer than any pre-amp.

Dan

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I was shopping recently in this price range. The Outlaw is the only piece that qualifies new with warrantee. I'm sure you can find a lot of used stuff int he area but I wasn't interested in anything used. I have been extremely happy with my Outlaw 950 and highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks