What's new

Aperion 10 inch vs. 8 inch sub? (1 Viewer)

Ethan O

Auditioning
Anyone here using the Aperion 10 inch sub? How much of an upgrade is it over the 8inch? I have the 8" currently running in my apartment (room size 12x22x9 ft.); while I do like the sound especially for music, I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to the 10". Will the 10" perform as well as the 8" for music? For HT I would imagine that the 10" would perform much better.........I am 50/50 music/movies.........any advice would be much appreciated!

BrianAe

Second Unit
I have the 12" but I can tell you that the difference between the 8" and the 10" is pretty big. It's much bigger than the difference between the 10" and the 12". I've heard that the 10" comes very close to the 12" for most HT and almost all music content.

The difference between the 8 and the 10 can be summed up by Aperion's own frequency response graphs:

http://www.aperionaudio.com/products...onse_graph.jpg
http://www.aperionaudio.com/products...onse_graph.jpg

You see that the 10 inch has much better low end extension and better response across the board. The 12 inch upgrade from the 10 inch is only significant on the low end.

I say do it, you won't regret it.

Quanah

Auditioning
I have the 8inch and am considering going to the 10inch for the better response and primarily for music; for home theater the 8inch already rocks the apartment plenty. Since I live in an apartment and deal with neighbors I'll probably have to keep the volume in check, but that shouldn't limit the response and what not of the sub should it? I just figure I should go ahead and upgrade to the larger unit while I can, since it will probably grow with me better as an investment, yes?

Geoff H

Stunt Coordinator
O.K., so I ordered the 2 satellites with the 8 inch sub. Will be used in a bedroom -- i.e. lower levels -- for two channel. Am I going to be disappointed in the 8 inch?

Quanah

Auditioning
Disappointed? Oh definitely not, I'd say. My 8inch is in my 12 x 11 living room and it makes plenty of ruckus. With it corner loaded, I dont even think I have it's volume turned up halfway and it's great. It's a great sub and I dont think anyone would say otherwise. I'm upgrading mine to a 10inch simply because I'm moving to a larger space and *might* need the extra volume to fill it---although I bet the 8inch would do fine, I just figured why not upgrade while I had the time on my 30 day review period. Ben at Aperion said just the 8inch would be good for my living area and he was totally right. For a bedroom I'm sure it would be more than enough; like I said my 8inch is great for my living room as is but I think I just got greedy...I'm actually concerned that when the 10inch arrives it might be too much!

BrianAe

Second Unit
Geoff, First I think Aperion makes the best sub (pun intended) 12" sub on the market. For music the 8" will be great, for hometheater it will be sufficient but the 10" is a big step up, much more so than moving from 10" to 12".

Quanah, the Aperion 10" is a marvelous piece. Read the review at www.cheaphometheater.com. It really compares well to many expensive 12" subs, except for the low end extension. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I upgraded from the 10" to the 12" and loaned the 10" to my friend. However, he's moving soon so I might be putting mine up for sale.

I think Aperion makes incredible speakers. More people should check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks