What's new

Woo Hoo! Charter to add HDTV cable in Madison (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Charter Communication has announced that they will begin HDTV cable service to Madison, Wisconsin subscribers. HBO HD will be included with HBO subscriptions, and will include HD Net, Discovery HD and local/network HD feeds. They're still working on ESPN HD, though.

About time! :D

Only problem now is that I don't have enough component inputs into my TV....hopefully the digital box will include a switcher that can accept some inputs?

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Was this an official announcement that came in the mail from them with your bill?

I live in St. Louis which is Charter's home market and we're still waiting from HDTV. They've announced numerous times that "soon" or "next quarter" we'll get Hi-Def and still we have nothing.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent!!! I live in the Madison area and will be purchasing an HDTV this fall. Any word on the different package options?

~Jason

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Im up 4 hours north of madison in rhinelander and my sh!tty charter has no interset in it yet.

9guess ill stick with directv
Good For You!:emoji_thumbsup:

Shane Archer

Agent
It figures that as soon as I got my over-the-air antenna up and running, Charter would add HD service!

I doubt their digital box will include any sort of a component input to use as a switcher. The equipment I've gotten on loan from Charter in the past has been pretty substandard -- but that may be because I am now using DirecTV receivers that are leagues above and beyond.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
According to the article in the Wisconsin State Journal, Charter says "next week" which seems awfully sudden. I wonder if that's accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks