What's new

Who has tatoos? (1 Viewer)

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
On my right shoulder I have a shamrock with my initials on either side of the stem.

On my back over my left shoulder I have the map of Ireland with County Donegal written as it would appear on a map.

I also have a medium-sized Celtic cross at the base of my spine.

RicP

Screenwriter
John, you're not Irish by any chance are you? ;)
I have 5.
2 on each arm, 1 on the back of my neck.
I designed all but 1, that one was designed by the artist who did it, we both looked at it and I agreed to it.
My Faves are my winged guitar on my right bicep, and the Blue Japanese Style sun on my neck with the Kanji for "Knowledge" inside in a very stylistic calligraphy.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
a friend of mine has Hobbes chasing his tail as a tattoo on his left shoulder-blade. kinda fits what you were originally looking for, eh Dave?

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Ive been meaning to get a Superman symbol tattoo. I will eventually. And probably some SW one or LOTR.

Rob Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have any tattoos but im considering it.

One thing Im concerned about is how weight and body shape will affect it. If i get one on my arm and then start working out again and build up a lot more muscle will the tatoo get streched and look wacky? what about if i got it on my back or something and then lost or gained weight? I guess im just wondering whether they are heavily effected by these possible changes?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Only the few people I hot tub (or get otherwise compromised with) have ever seen them. They are my own little secrets.
...now potentially shared with 23000 people :D
I have been thinking of getting one for the longest, but I am worried about instances where I might regret it. I am getting there :)
--
Holadem

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh gee, it's warmer in Anchorage than it is in NJ today... This morning's bike commute was like 16°F but it wasn't too breezy so the wind chill wasn't bad... Today's high is only going to be like 33°F My headlight died about 1/2 way into the ride but sunrise is getting earlier and earlier, I don't really need the light to see anymore, I just need the light to be seen...

Jay

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Get one of those cool tatoos like in "Blade." You know, the ones with the cool looking symbols on teh back of their necks!! I WANT ONE, just too chicken...

Mike

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Ahhh......it only hurts for the first 15 minutes or so !! Then it's just a irritating feeling for the next 1/2 hour or so (depends how much work your having done?):D
And when they tell you not to drink any Alcohol the day before, follow their directions. I had a few drinks the day before and bled like a *"stuck" pig.....:b
* Thanks Tom. :b

Tom Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
I just got one last night. Didn't bleed at all. It didn't hurt much. Actually it started hurting more toward the end because it was starting to get raw and my resistance was starting to wear down a little. It took just over an hour. I got a bull with red eyes and a halo on my left upper arm. The outline is kind of like a tribal design and it has some shading to bring out the details in the bulls muscles. The shading is the part that stung the most, but it still wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Last night and this morning it felt like a mild sunburn. This afternoon it is hardly noticeable. I should also tell you that I usually heal fairly quickly. Not like Wolverine or anything, mind you.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
2 so far in life, one on each arm and both have meaning. If you get them just to get them, reconsider. Of course, that is just my opinion.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I don't have a tat but would like to get one that says KITLOPE either in English or in the written language of the natives that call it their home, the Haisla. I have always wanted to hike this beautiful valley but with no trails it would be quite the challenge. The largest temperate virgin rainforest (watershed) left in the world. Problem is there's just too many Grizzly Bears :)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang.

I just got my first tattoo this past weekend. It is a modified version of my Scottish heraldry (McGillivray). I looked into this about a year ago. I interviewed the more established shops in town and got a good feel for their level of experience and business acumen. The fellow I decided upon had been in business for 20 years and had some real top notch looking work in his portfolio. I agree with the others who said that it is important to get something that really means something to you. Not just now, but in 30-40+ years. Like others, I just don't understand why someone would get a smurf with a hockey stick (or similar) tattoo. But, maybe it means something special to you.

I found that my tattoo did hurt a fair bit. It really depended on where on my arm he was working. Mine is quite large and covers the bulk of my right shoulder down to my elbow. It took 5.5 hours and is still not finished. After a few hours, the pain, at times, was pretty harsh. But, it is done now (well..almost) and I am very happy with it. I will try and post some pics when it is finished, probably late August.

Anyhow, just had to share my joy and experience!

Take care!

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Well I have a symbol that represents my college on one shoulder and Plan on getting two more (it is habit forming!)
I'm going to get the Gandalf Rune and a Royal Straigh Flush (in hearts). I'm not sure where I'm going to get them yet.
Only think holding me back is money :frowning:
-Marshall

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I'm covered, and have a pretty corporate job. It is usually the company picnics where everyone was shocked. Now they are pretty commonplace around here and the policy has mysteriously dropped from the company policies manual. Now it just says (paraphrase)will not display gang-related tattoos, or apparel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks