What's new

What are you playing right now? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
ARMA Cold War was way too dated. Glad it was free. Installed, then promptly removed.

Call of Juarez. Dx10 version. Endless western fun. I want to finally finish this.

L.A. Noire. Took me a bit to get this going. You have the kind of problem starting the game that I had and people say you have a pirated version. Suddenly I'm being investigated for a game about investigating stuff. :blink: I figured it out, install to Program files instead of the one with (x86) and install the patch BEFORE loading the game and it works just fine. The facial expression system is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a game ever. Hoping for LA Noire 2! Or at least a similar game that uses that system so well.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
After a looong timeI just started to play Red Dead Redemption again. What a beautiful, fun game. Hope someday down the road there will be a sequel.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
There's some talk that RDR might make it to PC. Finally! I hope it's enhanced greatly too. Gimme those animated faces from LA Noire! I'm spoilt on that now 1

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
ThreesSo addictive. I just realized there's a next-tile indicator. That enabled me to get the 384 tile. It's going to be a while before I figure out how to double that!

boombox

Auditioning
Real Name
Hector
Assassin's creed - First Trilogy. Assassin's Creed n.1 was cool although a bit repetitive missions. Most of the time I wan't getting the whole storyplot.
Playing AC II now and at least the story is much clearer. Also settings and graphics are amazing. I am using a PS3

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
AC1 did get a little repetitive. I haven't played it in a while. Thinking of abandoning it and playing ACII, which I've had for years.

Call of Juarez still for me.

boombox

Auditioning
Real Name
Hector
Yes, you'll enjoy that. (the Assassins' tombs reminded me a bit of Tomb Raider first games).
Now and then (when I need to relax from AC) I play L.A. Noire were you wear the shoes of a police detective climbing the chain of command. Also tried recently the Wolf Among us (I bought the first episode for 5 EUR).
bigby_wolf.jpg

Story is cool, although I think I'll buy the comic books or wait to get it used or at discount price. This selling episodes thing seems cheap but at the end you pay the same price plus you have to wait the next one to be released.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Assassin's Tombs? Sounds very neato.

I like the climbing the ranks bit of LA Noire. Reminds me of why I liked Mafia 2 so much. Feels very cinematic... And the detail of the locations you get to interact with (Mafia 2 especially) are worth the price of admission alone.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
boombox said:
Assassin's creed - First Trilogy. Assassin's Creed n.1 was cool although a bit repetitive missions. Most of the time I wan't getting the whole storyplot.
Playing AC II now and at least the story is much clearer. Also settings and graphics are amazing. I am using a PS3
Radioman970 said:
AC1 did get a little repetitive. I haven't played it in a while. Thinking of abandoning it and playing ACII, which I've had for years.
AC1 had a fantastic style and graphics, and an intriguing story. But a third of the way through, I got bored of the repetitive gameplay and quit. One of these days, I'll go look on Youtube for the cutscenes, to see how the story went.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Having played some Threes, I tried 2048, since people seem to play it instead of 3s. Zzzzzz.... I got to the 1024 first game, with minimal effort. It's a real grinder. Threes is a better game and 2048 is deleted.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
DaveF said:
AC1 had a fantastic style and graphics, and an intriguing story. But a third of the way through, I got bored of the repetitive gameplay and quit. One of these days, I'll go look on Youtube for the cutscenes, to see how the story went.
I'm in that club. :( It's still installed on mine. I'll probably be able to go bad and it'll be fresh again. But after a little more it's gone1 AC2 in it's place.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It got to the point with AC1 that I would play it to relax. :) Not sure if I'll get back to it though; there are simply too many other games competing for my attention. I'd probably return to The Saboteur first.

Just started Darksiders. The story is thoroughly bizarre and confusing, but I'm enjoying the good ol' fashioned third-person action-adventure gameplay. I hear it plays very similarly to God of War, which still awaits my attention on the shelf (in the form of the "remixed" HD edition of the first five titles.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Things have been topsy turvy around here so I haven't had a chance to do a proper run on a console game. So while my PS3 pines for the days of constant playing, I've been spending time with Eternity Warriors 3 on the cellphone. Sure it's a diablo rip-off. But the farming and upgrading scratches my RPG itch in bite-sized chunks that are more convenient right now than trying to plan to sit down for a solid hour to proper start a proper game.

So yeah, Simpsons Tapped Out and Eternity Warriors 3 with a side of Family Guy Quest for fun get most of my attention.

My HD is full on the PS3 from the constant PS+ free games, so when I have a chance I'm going to try to do some quick play throughs to see if I can whittle the amount down.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Call of Juarez still. Plus...

Thunderscape. gog.com finally had a sale on this again. I bought and still have the disc version. I think it even seemed butt ugly back then too. But I was always interested in the gameplay style since I was used to real time battles from my Amiga days. It was confusing at the time adjusting and I never got out of the caves and into the dungeons (or whatever comes next). So it's fun getting back into this. $1.79 well spent. Works pretty good, slow mouse moment but it's turn based so it gives you time.

From Dust. starting again where I left off. Needs dlc, needs a sequel. I know this sold half a million. Really fun creative stuff. I've missed the god game genre. This could so easily be expanded.

Another World. Slightly wonky controls. But still a good time. (also bought the Flashback remake which I seem to like better than most)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Radioman970 said:
Another World. Slightly wonky controls. But still a good time. (also bought the Flashback remake which I seem to like better than most)
First time I saw these games on a friend's system, I was gobsmacked. The most amazing animation I'd seen at the time. Even now, watching a few seconds of it, it's gorgeous and stylistically holds up.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also:
Three's is ruining my life. My wife has to take my iPhone away from me at times, I'll just stop in my tracks as I start the game up and forget what I was supposed to be doing.

Alan Wake...got a little more in yesterday. I enjoy it, but I'm looking forward to completing it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
DaveF said:
First time I saw these games on a friend's system, I was gobsmacked. The most amazing animation I'd seen at the time. Even now, watching a few seconds of it, it's gorgeous and stylistically holds up.
Same here. it was amazing. One of my big gaming aims at the time was finding games were truly were cinematic and fun to actually interact with at the same time. I think these 2 were the top of the heap.

This new release of Another World allows you to revert to DOS graphics by pressing the Y button on the 360 gamepad (not sure of the keyboard equivalent). It also includes the Amiga files you can load into an emulator. But I think the Amiga version looked very close to this "new" version on the PC.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Threes. Finally got the 768. I don't know that I'll get to 1536. I should probably just buy the theme song from iTunes and change games.Ticket to Ride Pocket. It's not updated for the iPhone 5, and multiplayer is glitchy. But it's a darn good game. Speaking of: I read that Civ Rev 2 is finally coming out...on iOS! Mobile only!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Been playing a lot of arcade Battlezone and the excellent Atari 2600 conversion of it.

Trying to top my high scores that have stood for several years for me, but haven't been able to. I can't get past about 125,000 in the 2600 port on default difficulty (Which is a very solid score) and I can come close but can't quite pass the 100k mark in the arcade original. 95,000 is the best I've been able to do. Experts can just about play arcade game all day long, but I sure can't.

Much better Battlezone player than I was five years ago though. Never gave this one the attention I should've when I was younger. Didn't even know the super tanks existed in each (Which appear around the 40k mark and move twice as fast as you do) when I was a kid.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Playing Slender the Arrival. Played twice, walked up to near the house twice and each time I suddenly had to do the dishes in the other room or retrieve a squeeze toy for the dog that went under the chair.. important stuff. so it's not that the game is scary or anything... I'll get to it... !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks