What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I FINALLY finished "Dead Money" , the first DLC for Fall Out: New Vegas. It was better than the entire game. I started the next DLC, but it's more of the same old same old, so I think I'm going to call it a day on Fall Out: New Vegas, and movie on to other PS3 titles so as to clear off hard drive space. I just never got into this game, found it mostly annoying. I think I'm done.

Also downloaded what's been called "The Mega-Patch" for PS3 Pinball Arcade. It took ages since you have to re-download all your tables as well, but the improvements seem to be there. I didn't get a chance to get too deep, but for the most part things are looking good. Except for "The Black Knight", that table still looks and plays terrible.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Russell G said:
Also downloaded what's been called "The Mega-Patch" for PS3 Pinball Arcade. It took ages since you have to re-download all your tables as well, but the improvements seem to be there. I didn't get a chance to get too deep, but for the most part things are looking good. Except for "The Black Knight", that table still looks and plays terrible.
Well the actual The Black Knight pinball machine played pretty bad compared to tables made only a few years later. While it had solid state flippers, they were rather weak comparatively and there wasn't much to do on the playfield. I did own it for a brief time some 20 years ago, being nostalgic for one of my first pinball experiences but I was not impressed as I was originally. The Black Knight 2000 wasn't too much of an improvement but the music was awesome and RANSOM mode was hugely entertaining.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I apparently have until fall before I lose a few hundred hours in a game that has repeatedly crushed me.. going all the way back to college.

Welcome, Civilization: Beyond Earth.

It's not like I need a social life, and at least I've got a few months to prepare and play some SMAC here and there..

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tomb Raider Anniversary. Couldn't find my copy of Legends so I started this. Turns out I think I may have already finished much of it. Will move to Underworld next...

WARP. Them lab guys blowed up real gooood!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I apparently have until fall before I lose a few hundred hours in a game that has repeatedly crushed me.. going all the way back to college.

Welcome, Civilization: Beyond Earth.

It's not like I need a social life, and at least I've got a few months to prepare and play some SMAC here and there..

I wonder if it will have a bug in it that randomly causes a person to lose like his SILENT SERVICE game for the Apple II+ had. God, it used to piss me off when you would spend an hour getting set up for an attack or an hour escaping depth charge attacks and,just as you had succeeded, a message would randomly pop up stating "you have hit a mine. You sank". After that, I would steer clear of any game with Sid Meires's name on the box.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Aaron Silverman said:
I used to love all the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band games, but Rocksmith 2014 is so genius that it wouldn't be right to ever play them again when I could actually be improving myself on a real instrument (with a selection of songs that I actually like).
RS 2014 is literally the only thing I play. Even bought a new PS3 when the old one went YLOD last year, since RS2014 wasn't going to be available on PS4 anyway. I just wonder how they'll sort out the next iteration, which surely will have to be available on next-gen consoles, and backwards compatibility of existing DLC.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've officially baled on Fallout New Vegas. The second DLC looked too much like more of the same boring thing so I'm done.

I gave Battlefield 3 on the PS3 a spin through the single player campaign. Man, am I glad I got this one for free on the PS+ program since it's pretty terrible. Yeah, graphics are fine, but it's so on the rails that you might as well just use your Zapper light gun. Which means you have to play it for the story. Sadly, the story is the corniest bunch of cliches this side of a Michael Bay film which means it's just bad instead of laughingly bad and fun to play. I tried the multiplayer for about 15 minutes and then deleted it off the drive.

Now playing a second run through of Borderlands on the PS3 so I can play the DLC and get it off the harddrive as well.Much more fun, even when it's driving you crazy with too many Scags or whatever the pig things are called.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yee-Ming, have you tried Bandfuse? It sounds pretty interesting -- like RS, but apparently the system is more like traditional guitar tab.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Edwin-S said:
I wonder if it will have a bug in it that randomly causes a person to lose like his SILENT SERVICE game for the Apple II+ had. God, it used to piss me off when you would spend an hour getting set up for an attack or an hour escaping depth charge attacks and,just as you had succeeded, a message would randomly pop up stating "you have hit a mine. You sank". After that, I would steer clear of any game with Sid Meires's name on the box.
You missed out. In my mind, Civilization remains the greatest game released on any platform... it has infinite re playability and tons of wildly different strategies.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
You missed out. In my mind, Civilization remains the greatest game released on any platform... it has infinite re playability and tons of wildly different strategies.
Yeah. I probably did. I won't fault the guy for his ability to make a good game. SILENT SERVICE, for all of the crude graphics, was a damn good game when it worked. It also wasn't a cake walk of a game. However, the bug in that game definitely soured me on his stuff. Might have to look at his new one, but I was never all that enthralled by resource strategy games. Allocating resources, building armies and empire building was never something that could hold my attention for long in a game. I'm more of a "what kind of gun do I need to solve this problem" type of game player. Oh, yeah, this automatic shotgun should do the job. LOL

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
mattCR said:
I'm not a Civ player - not into micro-management games. But boy I like Civ Rev. (Similar to his I never played RPGs, but I love Fallout 3). It gas the balance of strategy and arcade-streamline. I so wish it had done well enough to get a sequel. It's a first gen 360 game. It would be amazing if done as a final gen game...or even an XBOX game.Sigh.Never to be...

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Decided to pick Pokemon X back up today, never really got around to finishing it. My wife has been playing it none stop lately.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Legend of Grimrock. Got stuck before, but now I'm back on it. The shots of the sequel look darn good.

Played a bit of Minecraft to let it update and "just take a look". Been soooo long. Had to give it up since I think I perminately hurt myself playing it way too much. And it was all I was doing for hours and hours. I hope they do a sequel to it so I can finish myself off for good. :p

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Started playing the DLC on Borderlands. Finished up Island of Dr. Ned, the zombie one. It was good fun if not a little dark since it was night time. Started Mad Moxies Underdome thing and already finding it a bit boring. Well continue to play it though, MUST PLAY IT ALL!

On the cell phone front, started playing Family Guy The Quest For Stuff. It's a fun Simpsons Tapped Out clone and that about all I can say about it since it's not really lighting a fire for me. Also started playing Elemental Warriors III which is a pretty fun Diablo type clone. Perhaps too much emphases on grinding since it's free to play and they obviously want you to buy the upgrades to advance quicker. Well guess what? That tactic didn't work on me with that insanely long winded "Rainbow Moon" game on the PS3, so it's certainly not going to work on this one! GRIND GRIND GRIND! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Finally finished "Mirror's Edge". It was one of the first games I bought on my iPhone 4 in 2010. I wrapped it up on my iPad. A clever game with gorgeous animations in 2010. But a terrible ending, just coming to a halt.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
One of these:

The_four.jpg

Mostly The Getaway: High Speed II by Williams. The Addams Family is waiting for 2 diodes that will hopefully fix its forgetting the settings after turning it off. They all work and have always worked during the 10 years I have owned them but I got back into heavy playing after deciding to try to sell Popeye and getting them all into 100% perfect playing condition.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Nice lineup - color me jealous! Getaway has always been a favorite of mine. Love the adrenaline rush you get when Red Line Mania is starting up. Of course, that is trumped by one of the all-time best multiball starts in SHOW-TIME!!! on Addams.

I've not played Popeye, and have limited experience with TZ - but remember it being a lot of fun. At the moment, I'm neck-deep in my first full-on restoration of my 1978 Bally Mata Hari, so I CAN'T play it...

Enjoy!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nice pic Chuck.
Oddly enough I have been addicted to High Speed(1986) on Pinball Arcade since it was released over a week ago. Remember playing this at 7-11 years ago. Gave up on Pinball Arcade for the PS3 as they are way behind with the current table releases(what's up with that?) and currently playing on my 10" IPad. Very fun, but very addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks