What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Russell G said:
I finished up the first Uncharted game on the PS3 and have jumped right into Uncharted 2. Probably not the best way to play these games since the game play is repetitive, but it's how I'm rollin' on these.
If you missed it Uncharted 3 will be free for PS+ subs tomorrow.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sam Posten said:
If you missed it Uncharted 3 will be free for PS+ subs tomorrow.
I did see that and will definitely download it. that said, I'll hold off on playing it. I think I'm going to jump into Fallout 3 GOTY after I wrap up Uncharted 2. The Uncharted games are great, but the game play is pretty much exactly the same it seems, and after Skyrim it feels a bit on the rails.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Sam Posten said:
Steam with no real mods loaded. Heavy Armor, 2 hand sword with a little dabbling in archery and fire/healing. Loving it. Usually I play the glass cannon style mage shooting from the rear but Skyrim melee is fun for me!
Yeah with both characters I made on Skyrim I never had a melee specific one. Archer and Mage for me. I was sooo turned off the melee fighting after Oblivion I just kind of figured I'd stay away from it. Maybe if I start it again after I finish ME3 again I'll make one. I'm kind of leaning towards re playing Fallout on the PC next though. I've also never played Kindoms of Amalur Reckoning, that's supposed to be pretty good too - mind you hack and slash games bore the hell out of me, hopefully there's not TOO much of that going on.
I might actually hold off on re purchasing Skyrim untill the online version comes out. I usually can't stand MMO's, as I find the questing tedious while the dialogue between characters seems to generally be written by 13 year old Japanese girls, then badly translated, BUT I'll give that one a go.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Any way to play the Uncharted games is the best way to play them. :)

But what do I know; I just got started on Call of Duty: World at War. . .

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Fallout: New Vegas I haven't played any video game in 3 months and continued a game I had started many months ago. Played through Lonesome Road DLC and a bit more of the main game. Love my Stealth Suit from the Big MT.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Along with Little Inferno and Crysis 2, now Trine 2 as well. Played through the first Trine about 3 times (I think I played a demo level through many many times waiting for the game to come out). Just loved it! Like the first, this one is very colorful, entertaining narrative and so darn likable...maybe slightly more challenging. Also, added abilities and some things changed for better or for worse (I actually think you should have to earn your advanced powers like magic and strength). Both games are must play.

Witcher 2 is $6.80 on steam. Sure am tempted. Even though I need to restart the first and then finish it. lol I guess I"ll pass since it's likely to be $5, or included in one of these crazy bundles before I'm done with Witcher.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
gog.com
torchlight is free on there for the next few days. Excellent game.

I already had it but got it for a back up. Also picked up syndicate wars for $3. Always wanted to finish that one but my PC never ran that thing right. It was too slow on one pc and then the next one ran it too fast. Should be just right now.

Playing Jagged Alliance 1 from the JA classics collection. That one is $3.25 at gamersgate.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tom Clancy's Advanced Warfighter. Was hoping to uninstall for space but gave it one last spin... never impressed me before but I just didn't play long enough to get passed the bland colored grfx. Plus, the execute key doesn't work but I found a fix on the net. So I'll have to look somewhere else for something to removie. :(

Also, Penumbra Overture. Scary, in the dark game with simple (currently anyway) puzzles, and an okay story. Trying to get this one done since there are 2 more in this set. Also, stuff like Cryostasis and Amnesia is are sitting on my PC unplayed, but shouldbe played.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The Last of US - PS3 - Naughty Dog does it again!

Dreamfall - PC: part 2 of The Longest Journey series - Part 3 has been Kickstartered!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
PixelJunk Monsters (again) ... as far as tower defense games, there are very few as combination annoying and compelling. It's not trying to win, it's trying to devise unusual strategy

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Just finished the Mass Effect Trilogy, AGAIN - to hear the new endings. It's interesting with EDI's voice over with the synthesis ending. Man I love that game series. I then picked up Fallout 3 GOTY edition and Witcher 1 off of steam last night. Fallout 3 I'm replaying on PC ( played it on ps3 before ) for the graphic upgrades - should be good. I tested out the Witcher ( great reviews ) but found the game mechanics TERRIBLE even for a game from 2006 or whenever it came out. Feels like I'm playing a Commodore 64 game with it's three sword positions and one attack move. Oh well hopefully the story makes up for it, it only cost 10 bucks so not the end of the world if I never play it again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
(me too!) Witcher. Yeah, combat isn't it's strong point. It's story heavy with loads of cut scenes. But after a short bit of play I was able to get back into it. I stopped playing some time ago for some reason... I'm liking it better now than before. I need to finish it since I just picked up the sequel.

Drakensang. Another I'd played before... overwhelming character statistics in this. Not just a hack/slash. even with it's downfalls, such as invisible barriers which I friggin friggin hate, it's very fun to play and mess around with your character's abilities so you can visit new areas of the world. I have the followup game too. Hoping some things are fixed for it. Probably won't finish this one before moving on... just getting my money's worth out of it. so far so good. Highly recommended for those who like RPGs with loads of numbers.

and still TC Advanced Warfighter (can't get passed one part... grrr), Penumbra Overture (making some headway, not bad)...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wrapped up Uncharted 2. Loved it, but the end was a bit of a bitch! Both of these have been great. I was tempted to jump into Uncharted 3 but my free download was goofed and I have to re-download it.

So I decided to restart Fallout 3 on the PS3. I bought the game of the year edition 3 odd years ago and only played a few 3-4 hours before ditching it. Digging it a lot more this go round, I plan to finish it and all it's DLC eventually :)

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Radioman970 said:
I've got to build me a XP pc to run FO3. When I upgraded to 7/64 it started locking up randomly. Tried everything...
There's a fix online for it. Pretty simple, you have to delete one line and add two to the config ini file. I'm on my cell or would link to it. Tonight when I get home ill post it here. Worked for me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just started back up a set of Sid Meier Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire games. Damnit, I don't need incredible graphics, I just want a game that baffles me everytime.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
sean1976 said:
There's a fix online for it. Pretty simple, you have to delete one line and add two to the config ini file. I'm on my cell or would link to it. Tonight when I get home ill post it here. Worked for me.
I've probably tried that. I tried all the stuff they say to do. :( Oddly, New Vegas works fine (but I'm not a big fan of it). But you never can tell. If you get time to post it I'll check out the link and see if it works. I think I still have it installed.. it's the steam version that I have of both games.

Still Drakensong and Witcher for me. I love the way Witcher looks outside that initial castle. Makes me want to keep on playing.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Radioman970 said:
I've probably tried that. I tried all the stuff they say to do. :( Oddly, New Vegas works fine (but I'm not a big fan of it). But you never can tell. If you get time to post it I'll check out the link and see if it works. I think I still have it installed.. it's the steam version that I have of both games.

Still Drakensong and Witcher for me. I love the way Witcher looks outside that initial castle. Makes me want to keep on playing.
Here's the fix I used for fallout 3 .. So far it's worked like a charm for me, I'm on Win 8 64 - but this should work for win 7 as well
http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/864961721980433172/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks