What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/17 (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
No gas in the Stihl by Martha Stewart. :D
Seriously, the Kmart I was at was dirty, unorganized, and the few employees that I saw were talking amongst themselves, cussing all the while.
In the 2 locked cabinets, the vast majority of dvds were stacked on top of each other - only the top dvd was visible. I had to laugh at how pitiful the entire store looked. It was a garbage dump.
If the condition of this store is the rule and not the exception, KMart will eventually be reduced to their country roots beginning, as a Kresge mart.
I could have used a bluelight to avoid the garbage, visible and invisible.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My K-Mart tends to be a rather nice store, although the quality of customer service varies from person to person; I'm sorry yours sucks so hard Peter! I'd be surprised if their attitude isn't a result of feeling like "my store will probably be closed tomorrow, so why work hard?" Of course, that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy very quickly. :rolleyes

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just got back from Circuit City w/Monsters Inc & Panic Room for $15.99 each. Plus got a free MI mouse pad.:D Plus while standing on line near the Sci-fi section saw Earth vs The Flying Saucers and grabbed that too.
Would have done the Kmart option, but the one closet to me closed in March.
Joe

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Cool deal; thanks Brian. Just told a friend about it, who's gone off to lunch to do just that. He's also gonna get the Target copy, and keep it closed to return in the event the BBV one comes through. But he's convinced that when BBV calls him to pick it up, they'll be like "the price turned out to be $129...do you still want it?" So he's hedging his bets.

Gotta check with the wife to see if she's interested in TCW at that price. We were gonna hold off due to the cost, but at that low price it's almost a no-brainer. If they honor it.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
David,
Great job as usual. Looks like I'll be buying everything at BB this week Monsters, Inc (price match K-Mart) Panic Room Superbit and the aforementioned 2-pak of un-pronounceable ;) titles.
DT

I just picked up my copy of Monsters Inc. during lunch. Went to the K-Mart near 8 mile and Telegraph Road in MI (that's Michigan, not Monsters Inc) Nice clean store, had the DVD/VHS display right when you walk in with lots of copies left...no long lines...in and out, $14.87 + tax and its all mine!

Steve

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Anyone know if Best Buy will not honor a price match against K-Mart for Monster's Inc. due to the fact that the one sold at BB contains the HT coupons? I can see BB pulling the old "apples and oranges" argument by saying that the K-Mart ones don't offer the coupons...

And speaking of Zorro--I thought the SB deluxe version was supposed to come out today; either the release date has been changed or my local Best Buy didn't get their shipment in yet...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This may be a dumb question, but is the $14.87 K-Mart deal also good at their Big K stores??
And has anybody snagged the "Civil War" set at Target? What's stock like?
I've got 3 hours to go before I can leave work... :frowning:

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I just got back from Blockbuster where I prepaid for "DVD-Civil War, The Ken Burns-5disk" for $31.94 with tax! The clerk said she already had one on order and I may get a call today if she finds it with her receivables. Worth a shot!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, David, for doing this task. It makes life a heck of a lot easier for a lot of us, me included. You're a prince. :)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Went to Blockbuster during lunch.
Picked up my free Monsters, Inc that came with the $25 rental card.
I did the "presale" on Civil War for $28.99 ("Deposit")
plus $2.25 tax.
The manager said that all "presales" will only charge up
to the listed price less $1.00.
When you pick up the movie, you then pay the $1.00 balance.
he said he will call it in for delivery, but that may take
up to one week.
Can I hold my breath for one week??
A friend at work tried to call his blockbuster and the
manager would not take the order.
She said the system shows $29.99, but the distributor
shows $129.99, thus she would not take the order until
things are "fixed".
If we get it, it will be very lucky!!

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
Bought Monsters, Inc. at BestBuy. Told the cashier Kmart had it for $14.87 and she matched it without a question. And, for the guy who asked, the coupons are inside the shrink wrap on the back of the package. It's basically $50 off a new receiver, $40 off a speaker package, etc...

ps. Thanks, David, for doing the roundup! It costs me a bunch of money, yet saves me a bunch of money....

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from piking up Monsters Inc. from BB, they price matched K-Mart no problem not even a call. After I got it I had to pick up some things from Wal-Mart, as I walked in the door they had a huge MI display with the price of $14.76. The wierd thing is this price was taped over the original price of $19.99. So for anyone who has not picked it up yet check the price at Wal-Mart and have BB match them.

As for the BB coupons, nothing was really that great.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I brought the K-Mart ad into Circuit City with me and they price-matched it with an exta % off the difference so I got it for $14.75.

I also went there last week to price-match Changing Lanes and they did the same thing, without hassle.

I think I'm going to start doing most of B&M buying at Circuit City. My store is usuallya ghost-town and you can get helped right away--plus it's easy to get in and park and leave. Whereas, the local BB is usually a madhouse of people.

The people I've dealt with at CC have been very nice about price-matching. Last week, I didn't even have the ad (because it was a "low price") but they believed me without calling.

Oh, and this week I also bought:

Panic
Frailty
Kissing Jessica Stein
Hollywood Ending

and at Costco:

Plus I have Texasville & Koy../Pow.. 2pk on order with Amazon.ca (combined with 9/24 releases.)

September is brutal!

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Target. Picked Up Monsters Inc, Civil War, and 24. Their stock was good and I had no problem with all three. Even got my free Oreos. : )

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just got back from piking up Monsters Inc. from BB, they price matched K-Mart no problem not even a call. After I got it I had to pick up some things from Wal-Mart, as I walked in the door they had a huge MI display with the price of $14.76. The weird thing is this price was taped over the original price of $19.99. So for anyone who has not picked it up yet check the price at Wal-Mart and have BB match them.
Wal-Mart's price will vary on a town-by-town basis depending on their competition. If they have Kmart/Best Buy/Circuit City in their same market area, Wal-Mart should automatically mark their price down to be lower (their own policy: "We shop competitor's ads so you don't have to.") However, where there's no competition, their price will likely be higher. My local Wal-Mart, which has the entire local market area to itself, was selling MI today for $18.74.

And yes, Kmart's advertised price should be valid for all Kmart, Big Kmart, and Super Kmart locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks