What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/17 (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Great, got off scott free last week, my 200$ week, now I'm back to a $160-200 week.

As Time Goes By
Monster's Inc
Koyaanisqatsi/Powaqqatsi

Panic Room is still a question.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tony, Grease is next week (9/24/02). I can't wait for that one because it was my all-time favorite movie from the 70's.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks David!
I'm still holding my breath to see if maybe the Canadian version of Monsters Inc. will included the 5.1 SFX-only track. Every Canadian website still seems to have it listed, but that probably doesn't mean much. :frowning:
I suppose Tuesday will tell once and for all.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Panic Room for $15.99 is definitely a no-brainer for me.

P.S. When I bought Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown a few weeks back from Best Buy, I got a raincheck from Best Buy for the free copy of Dusk. However, I no longer have my receipt. Is this going to be a problem? I did use my Visa card to make the purchase - can't they look it up on the computer? I was just not sure if they will give me hassle for not having a receipt.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy.com Web site is advertising Panic Room for $14.99 plus free shipping. I assume the store will match this price? Or, maybe I should just order from the site.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, dvd.com is still showing it's release as 9/17.
Now I have to tell my wife it's not until next week....wish me luck.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy.com Web site is advertising Panic Room for $14.99 plus free shipping. I assume the store will match this price? Or, maybe I should just order from the site.
Hmmm...verified. Ad shows a printed price of $15.99 in a variety of zip codes, but BB.COM's shopping cart shows $14.99 when this same item is placed in the cart.

You COULD order from the site and have it delivered, saving you not just $1 but local tax as well...but forcing you to wait for free slow-boat delivery.

Since you cannot pre-order stuff from BB.COM and mark it for in-store pickup, you can wait until after midnight Monday night and then order it online, marking it for in-store pickup. This saves you $1 but you still must pay tax...but you get it quicker. It might be worth staying up late (or waking early for).

You can try to get the store mgr. to match the online price. Some posters here say their BB's will do that with no problem. But I haven't had any luck with that over the course of 2 locations and 5 managers. Most other posters here say their experiences are like mine (which is nuts...they'll match CC but not their own "other division"; isn't the point of the match to make the customer happy?). So good luck on that match, kid. :wink:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
FOR those who don't want to go to k-mart just take the add to best buy., buy the dvd, take the dvd and the add over to the costmer service counter and have them price match it. this will also ghive you an extra 10% of the difference in price.

and you get the best buy coup-on book.

also my best buy doesn't use rain checks anymore the traditional way. they punchit in the computer and print out a sheet of paper then tell you they will call you when it is available. but.

i did this with dune recently and have seen copies of this on the shelf since then so i would just go in and see if they have your record on the computer.

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
This is kinda off topic but.........
Does anyone have a new coupon for Border's?

I am going to use it on 24 : season 1

Thank you in advance

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
If someone happens to be in Sam's can you please check on if they are carrying 24 season 1. I don't want to drive all the way over to it only to find out they don't have any. Thanks!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
The 14.87 price on MI might also be a good way to stick it to Wal-mart too.

Chris S.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well it a good DVD buying week for me, but sadly I don't have to acually pay for any of it. Because I getting Monster Inc. from Blockbuster and I orderd 24 from Amazon for 35 dollars! Other then that, I just filling in holes in my collection, like much needed Memento Limited Edition and Emperor New Groove Ultimate Grove Edtion.

By the way, would the K-Mart deal make ENG cheaper at Best Buy? ^^

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Any word on Mask of Zorro or Snatch, both Superbit? I'd like to pick them up this week, as well as Panic Room at Best Buy. Already got Monsers Inc from Disney (I wanted the lithographs and plush dolls).

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
FRAILTY is the best film so far of 2002, and is also a spectacular new horror classic that simply jumped straight to my favorites list the very first time I saw it opening night, so the DVD of it is a no brainer must buy for me!
24 is quite simply the best television series that I have ever seen, so again, another absolute must have!
My third and final title to get this week is the superb PANIC ROOM, which is a truly great thriller from Mr. Fincher!

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Isnt an extra-laden version of Panic Room coming out?

Im not fond of plain old Superbit releases.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
I went ahead and ordered Panic Room from Best Buy.com to save the extra buck. :) By the way, they do charge sales tax on their Web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks