What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Greg, thanks for the tip! I've seen the old one a bunch of times. Hopefully, I can still pick it up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

[Jack Webb]All in a day's work, sir.[/Jack Webb]

Really, Dan...that's a great story. Thanks for sharing! :emoji_thumbsup:

I gravitated to the RoundUp when it first arrived at the HTF. I'm a bargain hunter by necessity. Kenneth's post early-on this week got me thinking...and a little research told me I've been putting this thing together for more than two years now. I took over in December, 2003 when RoundUp founder Dave Lambert (that's his mug in post #5 of this thread) suffered a computer glitch and hasn't been heard from since! :laugh: (He's actually keeping quite busy over at TVShowsonDVD.com!) 2+ years! Wow. Stories like yours keep me going. That...and the interest in saving a buck or two here and there.

Re: the Beverly Hillbillies price. I just checked back when Volume 1 was released 9-27-2005. Amazon listed Vol. 1 at $24.49 and both BB & CC listed it at $29.99. But I remember that it could be found for much less at places like Wal-Mart and DDD. So, hopefully, history will repeat itself with Volume 2. I remember commenting back then that it was the price point which encouraged me to dive in to these sets. And very well done they are by MPI. :emoji_thumbsup:

A quick check tells me DeepDiscountDVD has both Beverly Hillbillie sets listed at $23.09.

Oh. And I'll be joining the legions of those double-dipping on Lady and the Tramp this week. I just might do the BB Pre-Order on Narnia deal...although I hate limiting myself to whatever best Buy's price will be versus the deals that other stores might have.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
*cough* read under the grid...

The Specials

**....!

--Best Buy, this week, is offering $5 off ANY Disney DVD (including this week’s new release of Lady and the Tramp) with the pre-order of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe DVD (Currently available for pre-order at bb.com for $16.99 for the 1-disc and $29.99 for the 2-disc SE). $5 deposit required. Available 4/4/06. Release date subject to change.

Mike<> C

Stunt Coordinator
yeah but if you goto their site it doesnt give you the option to buy LatT,
"Pre-order The Chronicles of Narnia and save $5 on your choice of one DVD from a selection of Disney titles, including Finding Nemo and Sky High!"
Lady and the Tramp is not in that list.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I'm getting:

-Controversial Classics: V2 (already shipped from Amazon w/ $10 GC off)
-Lady and the Tramp: PE
-The Ice Harvest (unless I happen to win this contest)
-Newsradio:Season 3
-Walk the Line:CE (already shipped from FYE)

And,even though it's not new or on sale, i'm going to pick up the CE of Cinderella Man because it's going OOP and my Best Buy still has it.

Thanks Mike and Patrick for your dedicated efforts each week. You have saved me more money than I can remember.

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the roundup Mike and Pat.

This week's DVD's:

Controversial Classics V2 (preordered from Amazon)
Lady & the Tramp (Circuit City)
Walk the Line 2D (Best Buy)
Ice Harvest (will wait, hopefully I can win this nifty contest )

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

There's no reason why it shouldn't. The list of Disney DVDs included at bb.com is soooo long...it seems exhaustive of their phrase "ANY Disney DVD $14.99 or more}. Lady and the Tramp will fall into that category when released on Tuesday.

I know as well as anybody here on this board how difficult BestBuy can be about meeting the obligations of its own advertising. But this $5 off/pre-order deal is intentionally placed right next to the LatT sale offer (and plush toy offer) in the Sunday flyer. There intent seems clear: wanna save $5 on LanT (or the recent re-release of Toy Story 2)? Pre-order Narnia with us! Kinda like selling your soul to the devil! :D

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Your participation in this thread just did! One post per person will count towards an entry. I'll figure out some random means to pick the winner when the next Weekly Roundup is posted.

- Steve

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Definately getting NewsRadio Season 3. I didn't even know this was coming out any time soon. The last time I checked TVshowsonDVD.com (about a month ago), I don't remember it being listed at all. Probably will get Lady and the Tramp, too (I have this strange obsession with collecting the animated Disney movies, even though I'm a bit too old to watch them myself and I don't have any kids either...guess I'm just planning for the future.)

So do we not even have to mention The Ice Harvest to be entered? Oops, well, I guess I'm covered either way! :D

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
My Wal-Mart this week, was advertising Harry Potter for next week already.

They are having a bundle with Harry Potter Scene-It.
I'm guessing or hoping a new version including Goblet of Fire video for the game.

Add me to the drawing for Ice Harvest, please.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Probably just Walk the Line 2-disc for me. I might rent Ice Harvest if I have a chance. Cusack rarely disappoints.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the roundup, Mike! Sign me up, Steve! :D

Lady and the Tramp, Ice Harvest and Controversial Classics for me this week.

Also, I got a coupon in the mail for 10,000 BB Bonus points if I spend $25 or more by March 3. Since I'll be getting none of the above titles from BB, I guess I'll have to find something else there! :)

Have a great week,

Bob

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Anxious to see what Sam's/Costco prices are for Controversial Classics 2 box...

Several I'll be getting this week, but most will wait awhile (so far behind on WATCHING stuff...).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks