What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Newsradio S3 and Network SE for me.

I saw Newsradio on the shelves yesterday... glad I didn't pick it up because BB has it for $5 less.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
LADY AND THE TRAMP for me. I'm on the fence about I WALK THE LINE. TOwer had it advertised for $19.99 earlier this week, but accroding to their web site, it's no longer available.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Thanks for that Target listing of Arrested Development S2 for $14.99 - I ran right out & picked up both seasons as a birthday present for my friend. ("And THAT'S why you always read the Weekly Roundup!")

Kind of bummed there's no great deal for the Walk the Line 2-disc, as basically $10 for the 2nd disc seems a bit much. Loved the movie, and the great teaser poster art used on the CE. Decisions, decisions.

I recommend The Ice Harvest (and wouldn't mind a Ramis-signed copy!) as I caught it in the theater. It's funny & dark...maybe more dark than funny. A great antidote to all that prefabricated holiday cheer.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Have not seen Ice Harvest Yet, but I wonder how it would play as a double feature with Thornton's Bad Santa?

GaryDW

Auditioning
The RoundUp is something I visit every week. Extremely useful.

Lady and Walk for me this week.

Thank you for all your hard work Mike, Pat & Dave!

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
The Ice Harvest (sign me up for the contest as well!)
Lady and the Tramp
Walk the Line: CE
Controversial Classics - Volume II: The Power of Media

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
As usual there is a ton of good stuff this week, but what's with Best Buy's prices 70 dollars for the controversial collection sheesh.
Also about that contest, please sign me up as I'm a huge Harold Ramis fan, but most likely will not buy the dvd of Ice Harvest, since it's 19.99. You see, now that I have a girlfriend, I'm now spending 50-80 dollars a week on her and not dvd's.
This is a scary thought, not buying dvd's. I'm not sure if the ends justify the means...well yet anyway. LOL ;)
As always, thanks for the list as it really helps.
-Mark

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Aside from my pre-ordered copy of Lady and the Tramp, I snagged the first season of 24 for $19.99. Really, can't beat that.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
After spending a week at Disney World and getting LatT "overload" I will pick that up. I think I saw it in a theater as a kid during a re-release, but don't really remember anything about it. But I am buying all the "classics" so my niece and nephew have something to watch when they visit.

And I am all over that deal on "Arrested Dev" S2!

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
Guess I will get Lady and the Tramp. I'm not a big fan, but my son thinks he is a dog right now (17 mos.) so I imagine he will dig it when he gets old enough to sit through a feature film. (Trying to limit the TV intake)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I'll be upgrading Lady and the Tramp to the 50th Anniversary Edition for the kiddos. And am thinking about upgrading The Cutting Edge to the Gold Medal Edition for me. Hoping my dad will pick up Walk The Line. :)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I love The Cutting Edge, but it seems like they just slapped one featurette and a promo for the straight-to-video sequel.

The other thing that concerns me is that they didn't slap the "Anamorphic" label underneath the "Widescreen" logo on the back of the case. It wouldn't make sense that it wasn't anamorphic, since the old release was, but you never know...

Jodee

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if the SE is worth it on Walk the Line? I haven't heard much about the contents and haven't even seen the movie yet. But I know me, usually when I see a bio-pic I want to learn even more about the person's life, so I am guess ing the SE is the way to go?

I am with the previous poster, though, $10 seems pretty steep for bonus material.

I want to get Controversial Classics 2, also, but I'll probably wait for the next DDD sale or I'll see if I can get it cheap at my monthly Costco visit (I no longer live near a Costco so I try and make the 45 minute jaunt periodically.)

Oh and please enter me in the drawing. :D

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Kind Hearts and Coronets and the Controversial Classics 2 set- although I plan to purchase the titles individually for less unless Best Buy comes to thier senses...

and that should put me in the Ice Harvest running!

JImmy

Woohoo! Sign me up for the contest.

I'll be picking up Pride and Prejudice (blind buy), and possibly Lady and the Tramp and Ice Harvest (also a blind buy). I've read some mixed reviews of Ice Harvest...is it worth the purchase or should I rent?

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Is the "movie cash" with LADY & THE TRAMP definitely a Target exclusive? I know my little girl would like the plush Tramp from Best Buy, but I'm planning to go to Target for the movie cash. I'd hate to find out later that I could've had both.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mark, Mark, Mark. I think you and I need to have a little talk about the birds and the bees! :D

Let's look at it this way. Which is giving you more pleasure at the end of the day....the girlfriend...or the DVDs? Be honest with yourself! :laugh:

John Gido

Second Unit
Lady and the Tramp for me w/plush from BB.

Probably will rent Walk The Line.

Thanks for the contest Steve. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks