What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
thanks for the sale posts.

Man is Bestbuy just not even trying to put anything on sale.

News Radio for me and maybe Walk the line.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Lady & The Tramp, Walk The Line SE, and NewsRadio 3 for me. Plus Controversial Classics 2, ordered a while ago from Amazon.

Will wait for future price reductions on Pride & Prejudice, Where The Truth Lies, and The Ice Harvest - unless I happen to be the lucky winner of Steve's drawing... :D

Thanks as always to Mike, Pat and Dave.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i'll watch walk the line and ice harvest tomorrow.
(love working at a video store)
that price for the contro vol 2 at best buy seems odd.
seperate it would be $60. the set is $70?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
fye.com has Walk The Line for $12.99 after $7 rebate and $17.99 for the 2 disc. free shipping for over $25 order.
A lot of this week's discs are also $12.99 and Harry Potter and Narnia preorders. See http://fye.com/store.aspx?loc=57625
I know you have to cut out the UPC for these rebates which doesn't go well with some but for the price, it's an option.
PS sign me up for the contest.

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
Controversial Classics: Volume 2 is going to be $36.49 at Costco. I found one in the stacks today (Saturday) but when I went to purchase it they told me I couldn't have it.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
FWIW, the local Sunday paper includes a Walmart flyer this week and they are serving up another of their DVD & MUSIC CD 2-PACK sets (Walmart Exclusive) for Lady and the Tramp. No price is listed, but the bonus disc is labeled "MUSIC CD WITH LYRIC BOOK & STICKER SHEET."

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's either to BJ's Wholesale Club or Amazon for the Controversial Classics: Volume 2. I think they're cheaper at Best Buy if you bought them all separately! 69.99?? What are they thinking?

Looks like I may pick up Donnie Darko - Director's Cut, though. It'll be a blind buy, but 9.99 is pretty reasonable.

Thanks guys!

danDo

Agent
Definatly Lady and the Tramp, my wife wants 24 season 1, and it looks like it may be a good time to check out sopranos.

I also will look at Scent of a Woman, Dances With Wolves, Platoon: Special Edition, Mission Impossible, War of the Worlds: Collector's Edition, A Beautiful Mind, Monster's Ball: Special Edition, Erin Brockovich, and Lost In Translation. I will have to see if I can keep my impulse bying down to a minimum this week.

Since I first saw these weekly updates and the wallmart/bestbuy threads a few weeks ago I have bought more DVDs than I have purchased in the past 4 years. Having a 3.5 and 1.5 year old kids has really killed the movie fun my wife and I use to have every weekend. It also helps that we now have a projector and screen to watch movies instead of a 32" tv. So I just want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped bring back the fun in movie watching for me and my wife.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Just Lady and the Tramp for me this week. Eventually Charmed Season 4, and maybe I'll rent the Ghostbusters cartoons.

Jimmy!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
By the way, I am definitely in line for Controversial Classics Vol. 2, although what the heck is Best Buy thinking with that insane $70 price?

- Steve

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Round-Up guys!

I get the week off, but my wife gets "Pride and Prejudice", "Lady and the Tramp", and possibly "Ice Harvest" (sign me up for the contest too please).

Steve

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the prices.

Will be picking up.
Lady And The Tramp
Walk The Line (Two Disc)
Charmed Season 4

Going to rent Ice Harvest.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
And here I was wondering why there are so many responses to the thread already ... :D

Lady and the Tramp for our landlord's little one, and probably for us, too.

-Christian

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The Ice Harvest, sadly overlooked in theaters....
Lady & the Tramp
Walk the Line
Three..... Extremes

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
lol Christian. I missed Ice Harvest in the theater ;)

Can't miss a Platinum release - especially Lady and the Tramp - so I'll pick that one up. Circuit City seems like the place to go, since I'm not picking up Narnia.

I pre-ordered The Controversial Classics Vol. 2 a long time ago from amazon, so hopefully they won't take too long with that (you never know with them).

I might Netflix one or two of the others, like Kind Hearts...

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Ric, I wasn't a big fan of the director's cut. If you are watching Donnie Darko for the first time, I'd recommend getting the original DVD release. You can probably find it for less than $10 too.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Mike and Patrick, as always I thank you and my wallet thanks you and especially my wife really thanks you!

This week for me:

Lady and the Tramp
Donnie Darko: DC
Apollo 13 - 2 disc

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks