What's new

Weekly Roundup 12-1-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--And people should be aware that if they are interested in the two-disc SE of NatM: Battle of the Smithsonian, they should be on the lookout for a side-by-side "Holiday Gift Set" with the 2nd disc being in its own case and called "Monkey Mischief."

--The usual price discrepancies, this week, between the Best Buy flyer and bestbuy.com on a number of new release titles . So, if you are thinking of picking up a title at your local store, you MAY want to consider doing a purchase on BB.com and an in-store pickup.

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING for its Blu-ray copies of Terminator Salvation (a Terminator Salvation Endoskull Blu-ray case). While supplies last. Minimum 4 per store. No rainchecks.

--At Best Buy, you can also get a FREE COPY OF TERMINATOR MACHINIMA ($4.99) when you purchase the Terminator Salvation video game (Xbox $19.99). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--The following Gift Sets are on sale for $39.99 apiece @ Best Buy PLUS BUY 2 and get a $25 BB GIFTCARD INSTANTLY. BUY 3 and get a $50 BB GIFTCARD INSTANTLY: Fox War Hero Collection (Patton, Behind Enemy Lines, Rescue Dawn), Rocky - The Complete Set, X-Men Trilogy, Fox Searchlight Collection (Juno, Slumdog Millionaire, The Wrestler), 007 Blu-ray collection (The World is Not Enough, Goldfinger, Moonraker). More in store and online.

--Also at Best Buy, the following Blu-ray titles are on sale:

$9.99: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Donnie Darko, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Patton, Risky Business, In the Valley of Elah, The Pelican Brief, A Time to Kill.

$12.99: The Monster Squad, My Bloody Valentine, The Ninth Gate, Requiem for a Dream.

$14.99: Dogma, Ghost Rider, A Knight's Tale, The Pink Panther (2006).

--Best Buy also has a deal to buy 5 DVDs from a list of 22 $9.99 titles and get a FREE $20 Best Buy GIFTCARD INSTANTLY. More in store and online.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: Best Buy has a slew of holiday titles listed for sale.

--Target, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE DELUXE EDITION of Terminator Salvation. No clue as to what's included except at the top of the packaging it says "2-disc Digital Copy Special Edition." Only at Target. Quantities limited. No rainchecks.

--Target.com has a number of single-season TV series on DVD for just $15. Titles shown include NCIS, Charlie's Angels, Bewitched, Dora the Explorer, That '70s Show and Roseanne. Titles shown and over 100 more. Regular $24.95 to $49.95. They are also advertising "Multipack Movies." Many titles to choose from. $20 Online only.

--Target also lists the following DVDs for $14.99: The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009), Wolverine, Attack of the Aliens, I Love You Beth Cooper.

--Target Odds and Ends: A List of $10 titles. and $8.99 DVD Gift Sets.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$9.99 each:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
A Night at the Museum
Marley & Me

$9.99 each (buy 5 and get a $20 BB gift card):
Babylon A.D.
Spider-man 3
Mamma Mia!
Wanted
3:10 to Yuma
Jumper
Max Payne
Office Space
Punisher: War Zone
Mirros
Transporter 3
The Forbidden Kingdon
Death Race (Statham)
Back to the Future
The Big Lebowski
Tales of Despereaux
27 Dresses
Ghandi
Incredible Hulk
Role Models Unrated
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Snatch

$19.99 each:
Bring it On: Fight to the Finish
Fast and Furious
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
I Love You Beth Cooper

Christmas-related DVDs:

$9.99 each:
elf
Home Alone
Miracle on 34th Street
Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer

$14.99 each:
Fred Claus
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Muppet Christmas
A Christmas Carol

Santa Buddies $19.99

The Santa Clause trilogy $29.99

Disney Princess 3-DVD pack $19.99
Disney Holiday 3-DVD pack $29.99
Disney Dogs 3-DVD pack $29.99
Disney High School Musical 3-DVD pack $39.99
Disney Concert 3-DVD pack $39.99

TV On DVD

Gift Sets:

$39.99
Fox Ware

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

$9.99 each:
The Day the Earth Stood Still (original)
Donnie Darko
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Patton
Risky Business
The Valley of Elah
The Pelican Brief
A Time to Kill

$12.99 each:
The Monster Squad
My Bloody Valentine
The Ninth Gate
Requiem for a Dream

$14.99 each:
Dogma
Ghost Rider
A Knight's Tale
The Pink Panther (Steve Martin)

$19.99 each:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
A Night at the Museum
Marley & Me

Bruno $19.99
Angels and Demons $24.99
Star Trek $29.99

$39.99 each:
Fox War Hero Collection
Rocky: The Complete Saga
Fox Searchlight vol. 1
X-Men trilogy
007: James Bond vol. 3

The Polar Express $19.99
How the Grinch Stole Christmas $24.99[/COLOR]

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$10 each:
Ice Age
Alvin and the chipmunks
A Night at the Museum
Horton Hears a Who

$14.99 each:
The Taking of Pelham 123
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Aliens in the Attic
I Love You, Beth Cooper

Gift sets:

$6.99 each:
WWII
John Wayne

$8.99 each:
Superman 1-4
Batman 1-4
Police Academy 1-4?
Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen

Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum $16.99
Jurassic Park 1-3 $12.99

TV on DVD:

$15 each: (Online only)
NCIS
Charlie's Angels
Betwitched
Dora the Explorer
That 70's Show
Roseanne

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Jesse Skeen ">[/url]

A movie made in 1980 is getting a 30th Anniversary edition?? Where DOES the time go?
[/QUOTE]Christmas (shopping) seems to start earlier and earlier each year, so why not movie anniversaries too?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
After participating in the "National Day of Insanity" Festivities this past Friday, once again I'm as poor as a Church Mouse!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The BB site says the original version of The Day the Earth Stood Still on BD is $9.99 with the Keanu Reeves abomination $15.99. I'll be grabbing the original come Thursday. And The Mask of Zorro. I've always enjoyed the Zorro flicks. But I'll need to wait until late in the week so I can see the ads for next week first...

Thanks gents...

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup. Having just gone blu I'm picking up Terminator: Salvation, Night At The Museum 2 & a pair of titles I refused to buy on flipper dvds (Pelican Brief & A Time To Kill).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
"--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING for its Blu-ray copies of Terminator Salvation (a Terminator Salvation Endoskull Blu-ray case). While supplies last. Minimum 4 per store. No rainchecks. "

I believe this is the case. It was originally molded to be a case to store all the films in the series, but that did not happen, so disregard the discs that are shown next to it. IMO it looks kinda plastic and cheap, not as impressive as the chrome skull from the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set (which also had a neck and a larger base).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Target.com started something new this week. For the past few years they have offered grocery coupons on their site but this week they've expanded it to include almost every department in the store! Included are coupons for $5 off ANY BD purchase of $5 or more (expires 12/24), 10% off iPods and $50 off a 42" or larger TV. You have to download the coupon printer; the link on the Target.com page (located at the very bottom) still reads "Grocery Coupons" but on the left is a listing of other departments offering coupons to choose from.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I've used the Target $5 off BD coupon and it works. The picture on the coupon is Transformers:Fallen (whatever), but there's no wording that says it's exclusive to that disc, so just ask the clerk to apply it to other disc, or override. I got The Prestige on BD for $9.99. I'll try it again later this week.

coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.cfm

Originally Posted by EricSchulz

Target.com started something new this week. For the past few years they have offered grocery coupons on their site but this week they've expanded it to include almost every department in the store! Included are coupons for $5 off ANY BD purchase of $5 or more (expires 12/24), 10% off iPods and $50 off a 42" or larger TV. You have to download the coupon printer; the link on the Target.com page (located at the very bottom) still reads "Grocery Coupons" but on the left is a listing of other departments offering coupons to choose from.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Printed the Target coupon for use with Night at the Museum 2.

$19.99 Target Sale Price
-$5.00 Internet Coupon
-$4.00 Post Cereals Rebate (from a box of Fruity Pebbles I bought)
$10.99 (+ tax)

Not bad at all for a brand new release !!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those using Target Coupon site and Win 7 -- so far this isn't compatible with IE or Firefox browsers in native Win7 mode. If you change Firefox to use XP compatibility it will work (Right click browser to Properties to Compatibility submenu, etc) The coupon site limits you to 2 coupons (per computer) though with a quick Google search you can find some sites with pdf which can be used -- unlike Manufacturers coupons these aren't individually numbered so this should be OK.

Some people have been limited to one coupon per purchase though others have been able/allowed to use multiple coupons per purchase 9one coupon per BluRay). Some store managers have allowed it only for Transformers 2 since there is a picture of TF2 which is pretty obviously supposed to sued as an example of a Bluray rather than a TF exclusive. Target coupons are usually pretty specific in the text about which products it is supposed to used for (or not).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Haven't been able to get the coupon to print on a Mac with either Firefox or Safari. It just hangs there after approving the certificate.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Norman

Some store managers have allowed it only for Transformers 2 since there is a picture of TF2 which is pretty obviously supposed to sued as an example of a Bluray rather than a TF exclusive. Target coupons are usually pretty specific in the text about which products it is supposed to used for (or not).
The text of the coupon states:
$5 off Blu-Ray disc purchase of $5 or more (then the usual disclaimers: one coupon per transaction, etc.)

I would fight this one

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I agree and had a slight discussion with one clerk about using the coupon. Manager allowed me to use it, but only allowed me to buy one movie since it does say one per transaction. Apparently they still said held to "One coupon per day." If there had been something I was particularly interested in I would have gone to a different register since I wasn't in a hurry, but since most of the prices had gone back to normal daily (mostly MRSP) and most of the discounted discs I either already have or don't want it wasn't worth it.

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
"--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING for its Blu-ray copies of Terminator Salvation (a Terminator Salvation Endoskull Blu-ray case). While supplies last. Minimum 4 per store. No rainchecks. "

Major disappointment this morning as this is a flat, bug eyed holder like the past ones at target.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Wife went to Target today and they had Night at the Museum 2 for $24.99 instead of the $19.99 that is listed in the roundup. Has anyone else experienced this??

EDIT: Viewed the Target printed ad, and it does not specifically list a price for the Blu Ray version and only says, "Blu-ray Low Price". The Target online price is only $18.99, but the kicker to that is that in-store Target WILL NOT MATCH Target.com prices (a crock, IMHO.) So am I stuck paying $24.99 (-$5.00 coupon) for this?

Where is the Roundup price from?

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic

I've used the Target $5 off BD coupon and it works. The picture on the coupon is Transformers:Fallen (whatever), but there's no wording that says it's exclusive to that disc, so just ask the clerk to apply it to other disc, or override. I got The Prestige on BD for $9.99. I'll try it again later this week.

[/url]

Some people have been limited to one coupon per purchase though others have been able/allowed to use multiple coupons per purchase 9one coupon per BluRay). Some store managers have allowed it only for Transformers 2 since there is a picture of TF2 which is pretty obviously supposed to sued as an example of a Bluray rather than a TF exclusive. Target coupons are usually pretty specific in the text about which products it is supposed to used for (or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSchulz

Wife went to Target today and they had Night at the Museum 2 for $24.99 instead of the $19.99 listed in the roundup. Has anyone else experienced this??
I went back to Target today with 2 more coupons in hand - one for Terminator Salvation and the other for Night at the Museum 2. I too was surprised to find that my Target had Night at the Museum 2 priced at $24.99.

It's funny the thoughts that go through your head at that time (at least for me). I'm thinking that Target has just posted the wrong price, so I took it to one of their price scanners. Nope - it scanned at $24.99. My next thought was that I wrote the price down incorrectly from the Weekly Round-Up. Then I was mad at myself for not bringing the Target ad with me. Then I thought, "Was the BD price even listed in the ad." (And, yes I know that the weekly ad is displayed at the front of the store, but I didn't want to walk up there to check it). In the end, I knew that Amazon has it priced at $18.99 (thanks to my notes from the Weekly RoundUp), so I just wrapped up the rest of my shopping, headed home, and stopped by here to post an update.

Well, time to order my Night at the Museum 2 BD from the Amazon link in the Weekly RoundUp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks