What's new

Twilight Zone The Movie (1 Viewer)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

"O-ring" merely refers to a slip case that's open on the top and bottom (as opposed to the ones Fox uses, which are more like slipcases for books).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
So to end this o ring packaging talk, is o ring packaging like the slipcase, that nightmare on elm street infinifilm had ?Or is it more like the slipcases on disney platinum titles ?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To the best of my knowledge, WB has only used the regular slip case and this will probably be a regular one too.

I have to say that the type that Disney uses for their platinum titles would make a neat door to imagination though. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Travis, Im assuming itll be a regular slipcase, but like you said it would be a great door to imagination, if it was done disney style.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
We should start seeing online reviews at dvd sites maybe even this week , for both this and poltergeist!!! The reason im confident about this , is because reviews for Warners deliverance dvds showed up 2 1/2 weeks in advance on some sites.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
i22.tinypic.com/15e7n0i.jpg
That looks good, I like it. Very creepy and Twilight Zoney. I'm usually one to want the original artwork for the DVD packaging but in this case I don't think the original artwork was very dynamic or exciting so I'm glad they opted for a new take.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I typed in what you said, but all im getting is "image was deleted".Were you posting just the artwork again, or a glimpse at the actual packaging ?

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
Yep, I was just posting a link to the image seen in Travis' post:
tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7791

You should be able to copy the link I provided and paste it into the address bar for results, but then again maybe not. I still can't post proper links due to my newbie nature. ;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Only 10 days to go before this and poltergeist come out,yet theyre are still no dvd reviews to be found online. I hope this isnt another 1 of those cases, where reviews dont show up till street date.Im really anticipating to read about the transfers !!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Ron, I agree completely.

Fortunately, Warner has been very good with using original movie poster art for a lot of their catalog releases, but unfortunately, most studios are not, and even Warner isn't perfect all the time (as this dreadful new cover demonstrates).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when studios will decide to keep the original art vs. when they decide to come up with something new and awful. I wish the "Superman Returns" DVD featured the original poster; it was one of my favorite movie theater posters I had seen in a long, long time.

TZ:The Movie had a great original poster that was the cover of the VHS as well. Why they decided it suddenly didn't work anymore is beyond me. But I do wish studios would use the original poster art more often. A good compromise might be printing double-sided inserts, with the new photoshopped "retail friendly" artwork on one side, and the original theatrical artwork on the other. Cost considerations probably make that impractical, but it'd be great if they did. Another thing they could do is when they put those cardboard cases over the amaray, using identical artwork on both, perhaps they could put one version of the art on the outer case and another on the actual amaray insert. It always seemed silly to me to add that outer cardboard sleeve but with the exact same design as the regular insert.

OK, I'll stop ranting now :)

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
I'm usually always for using the original poster art, but this is one case where I simply don't see the love for the original poster art. It always seemed kind of bland to me at the time of its original release and looks even cheesier today with those sparkling letters. I think the new art looks terrific - at least its not a photo-shop of all the actors' heads. And they've used the iconic images from the show and even worked in the airplane. I actually think it looks kind of classy. Why so much hate?

I do understand the historical perspective of retaining the original marketing and personally wouldn't have minded if they had used the original poster art here, but considering this does happen from time to time, this is one instance where it could have been a LOT worse.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
:laugh:

Seriously though, the original poster artwork is boring. In this case I'm glad they decided to go with something new and more exciting.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Where the heck are the dvd reviews on the net for this??? Even the remastered poltergeist has a couple reviews already, whats the holdup for the twilight zone dvd being reviewed???!!!!!I really cant wait to read about the transfer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Maybe it's not really coming out, it was just an illusion that it was announced... Maybe it is just us seeing what we want to see... (cue theme music)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Rod Serling mode on / Meet Tony , a man that is under the illusion that twilight zone the movie is coming to dvd,but what this man doesnt know is that this was just a mind game played on him, from the aliens that invaded Maple street.He is about to find out the truth , in the deepest darkest corners of the twilight zone.Rod Serling mode off/.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks