What's new

Twilight Zone The Movie (1 Viewer)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Hang in there, Tony. At least at the WB chat a while back they said it was close, and that they knew how much the fans wanted it. That's much better than a "not likely."

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Anyone want to take a crack at guessing the release date ? Ill go first, im guessing sometime in August, and we should get an official announcement in a month or so.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sure hope so. I was thinking about this the other day, and looking forward to it. In fact, this and Blade Runner might be the two I am most anticipating this year.

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

True, but it signals the beginning of the new "Did they say when they're going to release it yet?" era. [Possibly preceded by a brief "When are they going to officially announce it?" epoch.]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I've been expecting an October release since Warner first mentioned the release during their chat. It makes the most sense - it can be part of a Halloween tie-in/promotion. If it is released in October, I'm sure we'll see an announcement next month or early August.

Yesterday, someone noted on another forum that DVDAficianado (I think it was) has a release date of October 15. That's a Monday, so that's obviously not the correct date but it's certainly the time frame I've been expecting. Again, expect an announcement in the next few weeks.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I hope that when WB finally releases this it will be a 2-Disc Special Edition because I would like them to put the new "Spielberg On Spielberg" TCM documentary on it. Unless it gets released with Twilight Zone, I don't see how they could put it out on disc since they've already released their 2 Spielberg films & I find it doubtful they will re-release "Empire Of The Sun" or put the doc out by itself.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Never say never but I think there's a lot better chance of them releasing Speilberg On Speilberg on its own or with a re-release over releasing it with The Twilight Zone. They didn't even mention his work on TZ in that documentary.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You know, Warner announced a ton of dvd releases yesterday stretching all the way to october 30th .Twilight zone was not among them,is there still hope for this year ?

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
My gut feeling is that the announcement will come at San Diego Comic-Con next week. Isn't the Digital Bits hosting a panel where they'll be making announcements of upcoming DVDs (along with footage of Blade Runner: Final Cut)? Seems a perfect venue/audience to announce the release date. If it doesn't happen here, then maybe it does get pushed back to 2008 (for who knows what reason).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks