What's new

TV Movies or Mini-Series You'd Like See on DVD (1 Viewer)

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
To add to the list - I would love to see:

Rich Man, Poor Man
Frankenstein, The True Story
The Girl Most Likely To
Sybil
The Death of Ritchie (Robby Benson)

Robin

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Word!

Id almost kill to have either of these on DVD. Ripper in peticular. Are these even on VHS?

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
My choice would be "RUN A CROOKED MILE" - a Universal TV movie from the early 1970s. Set in England this high-class thriller starred Louis Jourdan, Mary Tyler Moore and Wilfred Hyde White. My recollections are that it was excellent.

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
The Night They Saved Christmas

According to IMDB, it's out on DVD in the UK, but only VHS in the US.:frowning:

Apparently the VHS is out of print :frowning: :frowning:

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Bill (Mickey Rooney, Dennis Quaid)
Don't Go to Sleep (Valerie Harper, Dennis Weaver)
Fatal Vision (Gary Cole)
In the Custody of Strangers (Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez)
Leave 'em Laughing (Mickey Rooney)
Summer Girl (Diane Franklin)
Unnatural Causes (John Ritter, Alfre Woodard)

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
The DEADLY DREAM (Lloyd Bridges,Don Stroud)
The CHALLENGE (Darrin McGavin, Mako)
NIGHTMARE (Richard Crenna)
DYING ROOM ONLY (I second this one)
and that Hal Holbrook murder flik that was really good but I can't think of the title.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have to second Fatal Vision. I took a special interest in that story since I lived at the base where those murders took place. Funny thing is, I never heard about it until after we moved and I saw this movie.

Claude North

Second Unit
Bad Ronald : another great choice!

Nighmare in Badham County : taped this off of Cinemax years ago. The plotline is identical to the "Angels in Chains" episode of Charlie's Angels !

In the supernatural vein, there's one called (I believe) Summer of Fear . Linda Blair lived on a ranch and her cousin came to visit. Turns out that the cousin is a witch and causes all sorts of trouble for poor Linda.

In The Glitter Palace : I think this one had something to do with a lesbian being blackmailed.

It Couldn't Have Happened To A Nicer Guy : Paul Sorvino is raped at shotgunpoint by a beautiful woman.

Let's Switch : Barbara Feldon and (I think) Barbara Eden play a career woman and a housewife, respectively, and decide to switch roles.

The Couple Takes a Wife : Bill Bixby and Paula Prentiss play a working married couple who hire Valerie Perrine to be their "housewife" and run their household.

This is a great thread! I love everyone's suggestions. Each one brings back great memories. I wonder if the studios realize the demand for these titles.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Another cute one I just remembered was Santa Vs. The Snowman though I'm not sure if this is the correct title. Looks like a Pixar-style animation special

In it, a snowman goes to visit Santa's workshop, and inadvertantly steals something. One of Santa's overzealous elves overreacts and attacks and the snowman, angry, gets his buddies together and they have a war with Santa and the elves. Nothing worse than snowballs thrown at one another, and there is no real malice on the part of either side. What is funny, and Star Wars fans should appreciate it, is that one side is using what looks like AT ST walkers during the battle. It's very cleverly done, and eventually the snowman, realizing his gaffe, returns the stolen item to Santa, and all is forgiven.

Jonathan Winters supplies the voice and droll humor of Santa, if I recall aright.

I only saw this once about 7 years ago. A friend of mine who is also a Star Wars fan had taped this for her young daughters. The tape was very fuzzy, so a lot of the detail was hard to see.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

I likew that one, too. Fortunately, this is already out on dvd. Director Wes Craven does the commentary. You really should pick this one up.

Another mftv movie I'd like to see that I forgot to mention earlier is Scream, Pretty Peggy with Bette Davis. Also, Home for the Holidays with Sally Field. It had something to do with a pitch-fork wielding manic picking off family members at Christmas reunion.

Ron_Wi

Auditioning
In Search of America

Tribes

Go Ask Alice

Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring

I Saw What You Did

The Spell

Rich Man, Poor Man

Vital Signs

The Last Child

Hey, Hey It's the Monkees

Luc Roussel

Agent
One series I would like to see on DVD is Holocaust with Meryl Streep. I believe this series was on at the end of the 70,s.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I have one that I wouldn't mind seeing - Bad Ronald. I loved that TV movie when it came out. Nerdy kid accidentally kills a girl and then gets hidden in a room and walled in (with a hidden exit). Mom dies and then Ronald goes...well, "bad" as a new family moves in and he spies on them from behind the walls.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I want:

A DEATH IN CALIFORNIA (1985). 2-parter with Sam Elliott and Cheryl Ladd.

A COLD NIGHT'S DEATH (1973). Chilly lab shocker with Robert Culp and Eli Wallach.

DON'T GO TO SLEEP. (1982). Ghost story with Dennis Weaver and Ruth Gordon.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
My wishlist is:
Kiss Meets the phantom of the park

Captain America I & II

Shadow of the hawk: Jan-michael vincent stars as a young half indian who with his grandfather "old man hawk" (played by iron eyes cody) a medicine man fights a evil indian sorcress. This is a very spooky thriller ala Dr. Strange.
It also stars Marilyn Hassett of "the other side of the moutain" fame. This cool little movie is worth a look if you catch it on late one night.

Dr. Strange: based on the marvel character.

The Last Ninja: stars Michael Beck as a american ninja.

I'd love to have all "Gilligan" tv movies!

rather a odd list but tere it is.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks